Tune ?

CobraG

Established Member
I'm bored of not only my car but cars in general, maybe it's because I'm getting older, who knows.
What sucks is 20 years ago I had the drive and desire for all things Mustang but couldn't afford hardly anything. Fast forward 20 years and now I can afford stuff but just don't have the desire.

Anyway, I've been watching YouTube video's of Mustangs with the ghost cam tune. I'm thinking about giving it a shot. Hopefully it doesn't cost much, pretty easy to install and maybe if it's cool, it'll rekindle my enthusiasm.
What do y'all think, worth while tune?

PC03GT

Established Member
I'm bored of not only my car but cars in general, maybe it's because I'm getting older, who knows.
What sucks is 20 years ago I had the drive and desire for all things Mustang but couldn't afford hardly anything. Fast forward 20 years and now I can afford stuff but just don't have the desire.

Anyway, I've been watching YouTube video's of Mustangs with the ghost cam tune. I'm thinking about giving it a shot. Hopefully it doesn't cost much, pretty easy to install and maybe if it's cool, it'll rekindle my enthusiasm.
What do y'all think, worth while tune?
Do you have cats? I'm pretty sure the ghost cam tune kills your cats

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Put a VMP blower on it. If that doesn't bring some enthusiasm, check your pulse.

I've been playing with these cars since the mid 90's. Loving every minute of it.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I see that you already have a Lund tune and a couple of basic mods. If you're looking for just a bit of new excitement, maybe new wheels? Powder coat your calipers? New rotors? Dress up mods under the hood? Or, like @11Sec_Lx said, put a VMP blower on it and smile away. You can afford stuff now, so do whatever makes you happy. And enjoy your '13 GT!

Fast_351

Established Member
Kind of in the same boat. I was a hardcore drag racer in my 20s. Ran a 10 second N/A fox body and spent 1/2 my weekends at the track in the summer, and the other 1/2 the weekends wrenching. Sold all my stuff in 2003 and haven't looked back.

Bought a 2011 GT when the Coyote first came out because honestly it was the first factory Mustang that excited me both with power level and looks. It has a few mods, like a decent sound system, GT500 axlebacks, some suspension bits, and a couple appearance bits. It hasn't gotten driven much since I got it, and when the AC went south a couple years ago it never moved.

Bought a VMP blower kit around Christmas, and will be putting it on when it warms up a little. That should get me back in the mood to drive it :)

Also been toying with the idea of doing a restomod. 60s Fairlane or Galaxie with a supercharged 'yote sounds fun.

If you still love cars, just find your passion. Subscribe to a couple youtube channels. I'm partial to Finnegans Garage and Cleetus McFarland. Watching people thrash and race has reawakened my car passion.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Kind of in the same boat. I was a hardcore drag racer in my 20s. Ran a 10 second N/A fox body and spent 1/2 my weekends at the track in the summer, and the other 1/2 the weekends wrenching. Sold all my stuff in 2003 and haven't looked back.

Bought a 2011 GT when the Coyote first came out because honestly it was the first factory Mustang that excited me both with power level and looks. It has a few mods, like a decent sound system, GT500 axlebacks, some suspension bits, and a couple appearance bits. It hasn't gotten driven much since I got it, and when the AC went south a couple years ago it never moved.

Bought a VMP blower kit around Christmas, and will be putting it on when it warms up a little. That should get me back in the mood to drive it :)

Also been toying with the idea of doing a restomod. 60s Fairlane or Galaxie with a supercharged 'yote sounds fun.

If you still love cars, just find your passion. Subscribe to a couple youtube channels. I'm partial to Finnegans Garage and Cleetus McFarland. Watching people thrash and race has reawakened my car passion.
I did the 10 second, n/a fox thing too, way back when.

You're gonna love that VMP kit!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

stang910

Established Member
I’ve been there. My car accumulated around 2000 miles in 5-6 years cause I was just bored of cars in general. Actually had mine sold a couple times and traded once and none of them worked out, maybe cause it just wasn’t meant to be.

Today I still don’t drive it much, but I’m glad I still own it. Won’t get rid of it at this point. If you can afford to store it then let it sit and take a break for a few years.

CobraG

Established Member
I’ve been there. My car accumulated around 2000 miles in 5-6 years cause I was just bored of cars in general. Actually had mine sold a couple times and traded once and none of them worked out, maybe cause it just wasn’t meant to be.

Today I still don’t drive it much, but I’m glad I still own it. Won’t get rid of it at this point. If you can afford to store it then let it sit and take a break for a few years.
I've done that a couple of times as well with the trade in. Almost traded but then for whatever reason never did, like you said, like it just wasn't meant to be.
I own it so other than insurance it's not costing me much to keep it. I started it up and let it run for 5 mins this past Friday so it still starts. Sitting in my building with 29,300 miles. I bought it Oct 2016 with 22,xxx miles.
My wife really loves the car too so I'll just keep it. I'm thinking about either a Dynavin N7 Pro or a Tesla style screen for the head unit and maybe a Boss 302 IM.
I say that but 6 months will go by and I'll have driven it a couple of times, lol.

decipha

Established Member
Speed passes with age.

I have no desire to do 200+ mph on I-10 anymore as I did in my youth. I prefer a stock vehicle to modified vehicles these days. My wrenching days are behind me as well.

I hate to say it but a supercharged 1st gen coyote gets pretty mild after a while. I got maybe 2-3 months of excitement out of them 10 years ago. These days it does nothing for me.

Even the 1200-1400 rwhp 2018+ coyotes don't do anything for me as I have no desire at all to go fast.

Sucks getting old but your wallet will appreciate it.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
If you want to impress high school kids and people that know nothing about cars then get a ghost cam tune. But 2 things. you'll flood your cats with fuel and everyone that knows will know you're poser.

If you're bored with your car, trade it for something that excites you. I'm on the fence myself whether or not to trade it or go further. I have a VMP Gen3r on it for the last year and haven't grown bored of the power yet.
I am however tired of the squeaky LCA's, stinky exhaust, loud exhaust, and crappy stock radio. Though those things can be fixed.

13BlackGT

Established Member
Get a foxbody with a B cam. That will get you excited again

91 coupe, 93 coupe, 13 Gt

decipha

Established Member
funny you say that but one of the most enjoyable stockish vehicles I've ever driven was about 20 years ago a friend had a 93 foxbody with a cam and stock exhaust with dual chamber flowermaster 40s on it mounted before the axle but otherwise all stock. It was the first fox body I ever tuned as well back in the chip writing days. To this day its the best sounding car I've ever experienced and if I ever see that car again and it wasn't molested I would swoop it up in a heart beat. Was two toned black and orange and was quite the looker.

noco5.0

Established Member
Try a different car or use it differently. If you were a drag racer try autocross? I've done drag racing, autocross, and some open lapping. It's all fun but kind of bored with it mainly due to distance to local tracks, crowds, and time constraints. I just drive my cars on the weekends now and hit the occasional cars and coffee. I've thought about selling but can't pull the trigger.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
I have every intention each year to drive the snot/race but then life gets in the way and maybe I get to stretch the stang legs maybe a couple thousand miles (even that’s pushing it). I guess for the younger crowd; get it in while you can before you get to sore to wrench and or life catches you up and you have kids. Never thought either would, but it does.

With full electric on the horizon, the cars scene will probably change.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I have every intention each year to drive the snot/race but then life gets in the way and maybe I get to stretch the stang legs maybe a couple thousand miles (even that’s pushing it). I guess for the younger crowd; get it in while you can before you get to sore to wrench and or life catches you up and you have kids. Never thought either would, but it does.

With full electric on the horizon, the cars scene will probably change.

This sums up my life 100%, life definitely takes priority over hobbies. At times it feels like taking the car out is more of a chore than pleasure. For me I spend more time modding it / cleaning it than I do driving it. I am in the same boat as you, I only put 2k miles on the car a year at most.

Its funny when I look back at my life 20 years ago, it revolved around cars 100%. The limiting factor back then was money, money is always harder to come by when you are young. Fast forward to today I have more money than I ever have in my life but dont have the time to spend it on the car. Between projects around the house and my kids hobbies I rarely get anytime. As OP stated, for the younger guys enjoy it while you can.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
This sums up my life 100%, life definitely takes priority over hobbies. At times it feels like taking the car out is more of a chore than pleasure. For me I spend more time modding it / cleaning it than I do driving it. I am in the same boat as you, I only put 2k miles on the car a year at most.

Its funny when I look back at my life 20 years ago, it revolved around cars 100%. The limiting factor back then was money, money is always harder to come by when you are young. Fast forward to today I have more money than I ever have in my life but dont have the time to spend it on the car. Between projects around the house and my kids hobbies I rarely get anytime. As OP stated, for the younger guys enjoy it while you can.

always complained to my dad a kid that in your youth you should be making bank and as you get older, paid less (polar opposite of how reality is). Reason being (in part to what you mentioned). Had more energy, more time, less adversed to risk, little responsibilities. Could use the money to live your life and build experience and live long memories that could be magazine cover worthy. When my dad took me to car shows. It was always the really old guys whom have the rare and or expensive cars but couldn’t drive them to their potential due to health or rare took them around because they didn’t have the time, etc etc. My dad always just smiled and said in due time. Now much older, it’s coming full circle.

Users who are viewing this thread