Tune your car with an IPad or IPod?

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
I wonder how often SCT will make you fill out some BS license and mail it back to them, all the while deactivating your account until you do so....

I've dealt with HP Tuners, Diablosport and almost all of the standalone companies; the SCT business model is awful and will continue to be until they change their attitude towards the customer and quit price gouging.

This item would be exciting otherwise. I'd still prefer to use my netbook though, I bought it for tuning and wouldn't want to make an accidental adjustment that could really hurt the motor because I wanted to use the trendy touchscreen device.

GodStang

Established Member
I wonder how often SCT will make you fill out some BS license and mail it back to them, all the while deactivating your account until you do so....

I've dealt with HP Tuners, Diablosport and almost all of the standalone companies; the SCT business model is awful and will continue to be until they change their attitude towards the customer and quit price gouging.

This item would be exciting otherwise. I'd still prefer to use my netbook though, I bought it for tuning and wouldn't want to make an accidental adjustment that could really hurt the motor because I wanted to use the trendy touchscreen device.

When I went to get tuned from one of their dealers I get there to find out one of the SCT reps got in a disagreement with my tuner and so they cut his license right there on the spot so he could not tune. Luckily another gentlemen that was in town that also has a license let my tuner borrow it to tune my car. It was a very dick move by SCT. That is what makes me hesitant about buying the PRP package for my 5.4L swap into my GT.

The iPod is way too small to attempt to program on but would be neat to use the iPad to tune but I would be nervous to hit the wrong key on the touch screen.

Last edited:

ZWilson07

Established Member

^

Like he said, sweet idea but I doubt anyone will actually buy it and use it. Maybe just to have it which even though that would be pretty sweet to have, prolly not for legit tuning purposes. But nice find OP.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread