Tune Shops in Western North Carolina?

pwrdbyredhat

Established Member
Hello All,

My First Post on here!!! I have an 04' terminator that I'm starting to mod and would like some recommendations on a tune shop in western North Carolina or Central North Carolina. Also do I need to buy my own SCT tuner or will the tuner have this? What benefits are there in owning your own tuner?

Thanks

mfrone77

Established Member
I can tell you of a great place in eastern nc if your willing to drive. they've done several guys cars on this site and there all very happy with the work. let me know if your interested

xBlown04x

THE REAL ORANGECRUSH
Established Member
pwrdbyredhat said:
Hello All,

My First Post on here!!! I have an 04' terminator that I'm starting to mod and would like some recommendations on a tune shop in western North Carolina or Central North Carolina. Also do I need to buy my own SCT tuner or will the tuner have this? What benefits are there in owning your own tuner?

Thanks

where do you live

pwrdbyredhat

Established Member
I have looked at ATS website and anderson SC is not too far of a drive. mfrone77, do you have a location or website address for the shop in eastern nc?

Flex03

NPA Racing
Established Member
pwrdbyredhat said:
I have looked at ATS website and anderson SC is not too far of a drive. mfrone77, do you have a location or website address for the shop in eastern nc?

Fastlane motorsports. They are simply awesome and build really nice cars. You should check out their website, Fastlanemotorsports.us.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
we have many customers from your area who drive down to Anderson

Rick has been tuning 03/04 Cobras since 2002 and has tuned thousands

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
trust us when we say Amazon is WELL worth the drive. Rick is one of the best tuners in the nation, especially when it comes to the 03/04 cobra. But hell that man could probably tune a cardboard box and get extra hp out of it. you wouldnt regret going Amazon. I did and never looked back.

mfrone77

Established Member
I was talking about Fastlane also. Those guys kick some ass just check out THNKTWCE's video in the turbo cobra section

pwrdbyredhat

Established Member
I really appreciate everyone's input on this. I think I will be making an appointment with Amazon. I'm waiting to find out how taxes go tomorrow. Thanks again for awesome input on this.

BBCOBRA

Established Member
Hey, I live near you over in Austin. I'd reccomend Dan at prodyno in Fort Mill, SC (just below charlotte). He has alot of experience with 03/04 cobras and lightnings. He uses SCT and will do what ever you need. Flash to your computer, buy the progammer from him and a true dyno tune. I'm actually running a milehighdyno mail order tune and pretty satisfied but plan to go to Dan for a true dyno tune in the future. One thing holding me back is I'm using a predator right now. I 've had mine dyno'ed by them a couple of times now.
What color is your cobra? oh, by having your hand held tuner you can change parameters such as timing or fuel to fine tune it, change speed limiter, turn traction control off, change tire size to compensate for over/undersize tires, read & reset trouble codes.....

http://www.pro-dyno.com/

BB

Last edited:

pwrdbyredhat

Established Member
Hey BB,

Thanks for this awesome info. Mine is silver. You ever up in North Wilkesboro any? You know that the car show is at lowes motor speedway this weekend also.

FOURCED

3 honks and I own you
Established Member
You've gotten several recommendations for tuners... so you have that one covered now :thumbsup:

I will say though if you're looking for bolt-on's done for a minimal charge, then let me know what you're wanting done and I'll probably do it for you. I've done all the mods on my car myself and know virtually every bolt and nut on a 03/04 Cobra :) I'm just outside of Hickory so I'm not too far away either.

Seems like there's more and more Terminator's popping up around this area every day :beer:

Shannon

DK1

Established Member
ATS and Fastlane are both great....but as far as pro dyno... i choose not to go there. Dan locks on the chips so no one else can tune the car. just a wanted to put that out.

BBCOBRA

Established Member
pwrdbyredhat said:
Hey BB,

Thanks for this awesome info. Mine is silver. You ever up in North Wilkesboro any? You know that the car show is at lowes motor speedway this weekend also.

I'm in wilkesboro accasionally, I heard about the show but couldn't make it this year. I've been to one a few years ago with the yellow mustang registry, we had around 40 yellow mustangs there.

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
DK1 said:
ATS and Fastlane are both great....but as far as pro dyno... i choose not to go there. Dan locks on the chips so no one else can tune the car. just a wanted to put that out.

well that sucks. what if they ever went out of business or decided they didnt want to tune anymore. you would have to buy everything all over again.

pwrdbyredhat

Established Member
Well I have took advice from you guys and I'm glad I did. I made it down to Amazon about a little over a week and ago and I'm very pleased. Rick and Lynn are extremely nice people and do a really great job with the cars. I want to thank everyone who posted for their suggestions and advice. I hope to be on here alot more :-D

Users who are viewing this thread