Tune safety question

STTOCK

The Man
Established Member
I'm looking to drive my car now that the weather has broken and I have yet to install my ATI damper (10%) because I'm waiting on the tty bolt from ford. I'm moving and I have to drive the car 300 miles. My question is can I drive the car with all my other mods installed (2.4 pulley and fueling)? Assuming I'll just run rich on my 93 tune all I will be dealing with is a lack of performance. I won't be driving the car on E85 until it's installed.
Thanks in advance.

STTOCK

The Man
Established Member
Negative. My tune is for everything in my signature. The only thing I have left to install is the 10% OD pulley which is included in my tune. Basically my tune is designed for more boost, I will be running less boost, aka rich.

U LOSE

Established Member
I guess it depends on how rich you are running depends on if you are going to hurt anything. Driving too rich the extra fuel will wash the film of oil off of your cylinders, which is not good. 10% OD pulley is quite a change on how much air is going to go into the motor.

Best bet is to run it with what it was tuned for.

carguy19

Established Member
As long as you stay out of boost you will have no problem driving to your retune. The car will only be more rich when you enter the boost curve and the edited fueling and timing for your old setup.

If you baby it the whole way you will be fine.

Ky GT500

Established Member
4 hours of babying a Shelby on the road??? I'd be getting a tune revision for your installed mods,,then retune after you get everything put on.

Users who are viewing this thread