Tune from VMP finally!

Fang

Established Member
Let me start with a little background. I had an 03 Cobra from back in the day. Kept it till around 3 years ago. Picked up an 11 GT500 last fall. Decided to start the slow modding and picked up with the tuner that did my 03. That was a huge mistake. I have had around 12 tunes from him and only one has worked. In that time of messing with him I put on the 2.5 pulley, off road X and such....the simple bolt ons...He never could get it right, car would fall on its ass, and I literally started hating the car and modding it....I really wanted to pull the trigger on a VMP Gen II but was scared to because of the tuning issues. I bought the blower (thanks to talking to Alec with VMP) and decided to have a local guy dyno it. That was going to be an extra $750.00 for that. Really didn't want to spend that extra coin so I called BJ at VMP to tune it. After talking with him I hired them for the tune. Today I got the tune/downloaded it and all I can say is:Wow The thing is a beast now. The tune is spot on and runs like a striped ass ape...Thanks VMP for great products and a great tune. CUDOS to the fullest!

Fang

Established Member
Wish it was nicer out. Storm keeps taunting so just got out for a quick romp. Glad I have those drag radials on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
That's awesome. So great to hear.
Enjoy.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
Their email tunes tunes are pretty spot on. This thread reminded me to email him for another tune. Thanks!

Fang

Established Member
Their email tunes tunes are pretty spot on. This thread reminded me to email him for another tune. Thanks!

Haven't done the dataloging with them yet but I am sure that is seamless as well. You have no idea how bad it was with the last tuner. I don't know what I was thinking. Oh well, live and learn. At least I didn't jack up my ride with them.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Not sure why people mess around with anyone other than Lund or VMP. I bet your car flat out hauls ass with that Gen II!! When I take people for rides, I like giving them a "dyno pull". Start off in 4th around 40mph and floor it. You are hitting 140 WITHOUT shifting in no time! The 80-140 part it really pulls nice. Plus being able to demonstrate all that power without wheelspin is nice too.

People just can't believe the power, and I'm no where near Gen II power either. Enjoy that new tune!

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Not sure why people mess around with anyone other than Lund or VMP. I bet your car flat out hauls ass with that Gen II!! When I take people for rides, I like giving them a "dyno pull". Start off in 4th around 40mph and floor it. You are hitting 140 WITHOUT shifting in no time! The 80-140 part it really pulls nice. Plus being able to demonstrate all that power without wheelspin is nice too.

People just can't believe the power, and I'm no where near Gen II power either. Enjoy that new tune!
Glad the OP got his tune issues resolved.......................& to answer your question.
Not everyone wants a mail-order tune, & some of us live close enough to a tuner that knows what he's doing, so we don't have to settle for one.
Not to take away from Lund or VMP, but they are not the only tuners in the game.

Last edited:

Fang

Established Member
I wouldn't have anyone else tune mine other then VMP.

Congrats Fang. Slow down on the modding. Jeez

Funny you say that. Started out the same as my last ride. "I'm going to take it easy and do the smaller mods and live with that for a while" Now I live in the "For Sale" forums and snag anything I can get my hands on. Then the wife gave the ok for the blower and wheels. Its never ending. I know whats next.....cooling, suspension, brakes, etc, etc. Need to live in the moment a little. I slowing down now...not really, what's for sale?

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Glad the OP got his tune issues resolved.......................& to answer your question.
Not everyone wants a mail-order tune, & some of us live close enough to a tuner that knows what he's doing, so we don't have to settle for one.
Not to take away from Lund or VMP, but they are not the only tuners in the game.

My question was rhetorical to the OP's dilemma, not a condemnation on a custom tune. It was obvious he was having issues with an incapable tuner, and a "canned email tune" instantly solved his problem. Which led me to question, why anyone with such an obstacle wouldn't just get a tune from one of the two best in the email tune business, and call it a day. If you wait for the right sale, you can get a tune for $100. I picked up two Lund tunes, just to try them out for $100, even though I have a VMP tune currently.

I have had all three variants between the two GT500s I have owned, a Lund, VMP, and a custom dyno session. I will admit, my custom tune ran cleaner, and made marginally more power, however, like yourself, I have access to a shop.

Users who are viewing this thread