Tune causing car to run hot

wckdvnm

Established Member
So I been battling coolant temp issues for over a year. Had them fully in check till today; it’s 98-99 degrees out and the car went from running 186-188 on the highway to getting up to 206 driving around on the street. Got on the freeway only went down to 200 till I got off back on the street turned the A/C off cars temp started coming back down. Jumped back on the highway and it came down to 186-188. I had been in small traffic and it had been sitting at 198 and started coming up.

Now I remember stock tune my car would drop 3-4 degrees of timing with the ac on now it does not do that. Also the idle was set by the tuner at 800 and when ac comes on it idles at 950.

New thermostat, rad, and such all work fine just today is the first time I’ve seen it get up there in temp.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Def that aint hot bro thats normal. put a different thermostat in it if u want

So basically I’m just being anal about temps then? I know stock fan temps were 212 low, 220 high I just try to keep temps lower on my car.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
when its that hot and youve got the AC on, Id say its running pretty damned well. If it started coming up on like 230 then Id be concerned

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I run the 180 Stant; it’s the wide opening one.

my mach runs quite a bit warmer than your car, I tried dropping from a 180 to a 160 and didnt do anything but make the car take too long to warm up/run a little too cold when its cold out. I just put the 180 back in

MalcolmV8

Established Member
So basically I’m just being anal about temps then? I know stock fan temps were 212 low, 220 high I just try to keep temps lower on my car.

Actually from the factory the car didn't even turn the high speed fans on till 228F. 210F for the low speed fan. There are also modifiers that could turn on the high speed fan sooner if certain conditions are met with engine load, RPM, and vehicle speed. If those were met (car was been driven hard) it would turn on at 224F.

Users who are viewing this thread