Tucson SVT'ers I need your help...

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I posted this in the Road Side Pub, but wanted to throw it in here too just incase.

I am tired of the idiot dealers around here, and the dealer in El Paso doesn't want to work with me either. Is there a good SVT dealer in Tucson to take my car too, that will flash the computer for the stall, address the clunk, and the vibe? Also, I have some other work I need them to do; drivers side fog light fogs up, and the passenger side washer fluid doesn't work.

I do have a CAI and a short throw shifter, but thats it. Any help you guys/girls can give would be appreciated. Its a 250 mile drive for me, but I don't want to waste a trip out there to find out they won't work with me.

Thanks
Chris

AzDropTop

Established Member
Originally posted by Chris_H
I posted this in the Road Side Pub, but wanted to throw it in here too just incase.

I am tired of the idiot dealers around here, and the dealer in El Paso doesn't want to work with me either. Is there a good SVT dealer in Tucson to take my car too, that will flash the computer for the stall, address the clunk, and the vibe? Also, I have some other work I need them to do; drivers side fog light fogs up, and the passenger side washer fluid doesn't work.

I do have a CAI and a short throw shifter, but thats it. Any help you guys/girls can give would be appreciated. Its a 250 mile drive for me, but I don't want to waste a trip out there to find out they won't work with me.

Thanks
Chris

I sent you an email!
Rick

A shop here in Tucson is great..Jim Click...I have had my car in twice once for halfshaft and other for flash...Both times they were great and no prob. with my mods...They are great..Call 520-747-2000...Talk to any of the ford service reps...They are all great!!!!

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Rick,
I didn't get the email you sent. If you can send it to [email protected] I would really appreciate it.

03soniccobra01, thanks for the info. I will give them a call and see what they have to say. I will tell them that it will have to be on a Saturday if at all possible since I will have to come in EARLY saturday morning, or come in Firday night after work and stay at a hotel.

Thanks
Chris

AzDropTop

Established Member
Rick,
I didn't get the email you sent. If you can send it to [email protected] I would really appreciate it.

03soniccobra01, thanks for the info. I will give them a call and see what they have to say. I will tell them that it will have to be on a Saturday if at all possible since I will have to come in EARLY saturday morning, or come in Firday night after work and stay at a hotel.

Thanks
Chris

Chris,
I sent you an email to the address above!:beer:

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Talked with John in the service department today at Jim Click. Seemed like a really nice guy to work with. Said they would give me a loaner car since I have an SVT, and would get the car in first thing in the morning on the 16th since I am coming from out of town. He said if they needed to keep the car to do some work on it, I could bring the loaner car back to NM with me, I just needed to tell Enterprise about it. I told him the car stalls, clunks in the rear end, and vibrates on the highway. Immediately told me there was a computer update for the stall, and that he would have to look into the clunking noise. I am sure he knows what the issue is since they work on the SVT's there. Talk about a difference between night and day between my local Ford Lincoln & Mercury dealer. Depending on how well this goes, I will continue to drive back to Tucson anytime I need warranty work done. Thanks for the inputs guys. I will post again after the work is done.

Now to find stuff to do all day that Friday while I wait to see if they need to keep the car or not.

Chris

AzDropTop

Established Member
Talked with John in the service department today at Jim Click. Seemed like a really nice guy to work with. Said they would give me a loaner car since I have an SVT, and would get the car in first thing in the morning on the 16th since I am coming from out of town. He said if they needed to keep the car to do some work on it, I could bring the loaner car back to NM with me, I just needed to tell Enterprise about it. I told him the car stalls, clunks in the rear end, and vibrates on the highway. Immediately told me there was a computer update for the stall, and that he would have to look into the clunking noise. I am sure he knows what the issue is since they work on the SVT's there. Talk about a difference between night and day between my local Ford Lincoln & Mercury dealer. Depending on how well this goes, I will continue to drive back to Tucson anytime I need warranty work done. Thanks for the inputs guys. I will post again after the work is done.

Now to find stuff to do all day that Friday while I wait to see if they need to keep the car or not.

Chris

Chris,
That's great news! Glad John was reseptive and willing to help. I don't know of a whole lot going on Friday? You can check the SIR website to see if they have anything going on. (our local 1/4 mile track) Full name is Southwestern international raceway. Ill keep my ears open for what's up. If you are single I can give you some club reccomendations.
Rick

Here's a Link to some stuff to do in and around Tucson.

I checked SIR's site and there is nothing going on this weekend. Next weekend is the fair.

Last edited:

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Cool, thanks for looking out for me Rick. Aprreciate it. Don;t think the wife would like the club recomendations! :burn: Curious to see what kind of loaner I get. I figure I will stick around in town until I hear something from them. If they say the car will be ready on Saturday, I'll stay the night there. Kind of sucks having to drive 250 miles to get work done on the car. But sometimes its best that way.

Chris

AzDropTop

Established Member
Cool, thanks for looking out for me Rick. Aprreciate it. Don;t think the wife would like the club recomendations! :burn: Curious to see what kind of loaner I get. I figure I will stick around in town until I hear something from them. If they say the car will be ready on Saturday, I'll stay the night there. Kind of sucks having to drive 250 miles to get work done on the car. But sometimes its best that way.

Chris

Understand about the wife not liking the club thing, I couldn't remember if you were married or not. :) My wife wouldn't like it either. Not sure what we have going that night, but I'll give you a heads up if we are free.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Sweet, thanks Venemous. Any of you guys have an after market catback on your cars? Just curious which ones you have and how they sound. Looking to get one before too long. If you local Cobra/SVT guys are looking to get together that Friday night, I would be up for it.

Chris

RedFire2003

Established Member
Mike Hill @ Holmes Tuttle Ford is the man! He has taken care of me very well and Im very moddified! If you have any problems with the above I can hook you up with my guy and he will really take great care of you! I free this coming weekend I have a cat-back system too Well I guess its a x-pipe back system considering the lack of cats now though lol :rockon:

Hey.. Is that this friday or next.....?
April 30th is the next test and tune.....
Still tring to hock up with the Cobra guys around here but we've had a lot of rain lately....I know that both the major ford dealers in town are tops when it comes to warranty work and you should have no problem with john at all....Good luck and hope to meet ya..!

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
It's going to be this coming Friday the 16th. I wanted to go to the dyno day at Extreme but didn't think my car would be ready by then. Was hoping to try and get a few of you guys together this friday if nothing is going on. I won't know until later in the day if I am stayin the night there in town or not, but I don't see any problems staying until 8 or 9 and then heading home. If you guys want to go get a drink or something, let me know. Not like I have anything better to do :beer:

Chris

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Ya beat me to it! I have been dealing with John at Jim Click for all my issues. I got there early (7am) on friday and spoke with him. He said since we have some time, take me for a ride and let me hear the clunking. So we go for a ride and I make it clunk big time twice. He was more than convinced that wasn't normal. He also knew I wanted the vibe addressed and the stall.
He calls me about 3pm and tells me they have the rearend torn apart, but when he and the tech went out for a drive, they couldn't get it to clunk. Not to worry though because he said he has already experienced it. He said I might as well head home because its going to be into next week before they can get anything done.
I called him this morning and asked him to look at the leaky window and the condensation in the fog light since they still have the car. No problem he says. He said they found a service bulliten for the vibe on Saturday after doing some research, and my NEW driveshaft will be there tomorrow (Tuesday.) He also said they found one on the clunking and my updraged ring and pinion should be released Thursday or so. He said he would keep me updated on it later this week and let me know where they are at.
I don't even mind being without the Cobra because I know they are actually working on it unlike the jerk-off dealer here in town. Pretty sad I had to drive 270 miles one way to get the car worked on. But if they fix it, I will have NO issues driving back to get more work done. Definately a great experience with these guys so far. Thanks again for the recommendation again Rick! I owe you a beer when I come get the car!
Btw, they gave me a Taurus loaner car. Wow, this is definately taking some getting used to. They GIVE me a loaner, and they FIX my car. What next!?! Will they even wash my car unlike my dealership!?!?

Chris

Last edited:

AzDropTop

Established Member
Chris, I am very happy to hear all is going well so far and that you are getting your problems taken care of. John was always fair and easy to deal with. Let me know when you are coming back to town to pick her up. There is a small 'car show' at a place called Little Anthony's on May 1st is you happed to be here then. Take care...:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread