Tubular K Member

DaBigBone

Established Member
How many people are running the BMR Tubular K member? Haven't seen a whole lot of feedback on them for our cars but seem to have mixed reviews as far as comfort, NVH, etc on other cars.

My car is not a DD and I understand that NVH will increase some. However, I still would like it to be comfortable enough to take the lady out to dinner from time to time on the weekends.

How do you like it? Worth it? Would you buy it again?

04snakie

Established Member
Have one on my car. Love design, your nvh goes up but not to the point that you couldn't DD your car. I going to try there A-arms next. Wish I would have done it all at the same time.

DaBigBone

Established Member
Thanks for the input. I've heard that most of the NVH comes from the A arms and that if you keep the stock ones it isn't that bad

BMR Tech

No exaggeration, we have thousands and thousands out on race tracks, drag strips and mostly on daily driver/streetcars.

Occasionally, we get feedback about the NVH being "too much" - but I honestly think many of these occurrences are simply something not right somewhere, or some sort of contact like headers or steering shaft, etc.

Personally, I am a fan of the full set-up with the A-Arms. The Arms make such a drastic change in the dynamics of the car, it is hard to even explain. Better feel, braking, turn in, stability etc.

Pull the trigger! You will enjoy it.

kdaly

Established Member
I like my K Member and wish I had done the A Arms at the same time. NVH is not bad and I have LT's and they dont hit. Mine is not a DD

DaBigBone

Established Member
Thanks for the input. Was on the fence about the a arms because of the cost but maybe I'll hold out until the next time I see a sale and pick some up

Scott_GT_CS

Established Member
Not an 11 - 14, but I have had a BMR K and A-Arms etc in my 08 for years now. Can't argue with the weight savings and additional room provided.

IMG_6938_zps7c5b3093.jpg

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
the only time u will even notice a difference is when idling the sterring whell has little viba.

djclark

Established Member
Another option is BMR K member with stock arms with Energy Suspension bushings...

fwiw. save a couple bucks in exchange for some labor removing the stock bushings.

kingcobra323

Established Member
Ive got k member and did they A arms. There was some nvh nothing ur exhaust or radio wont disguise. My wife has driven my car to work and still doesn't know I've installed.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
I have one on my 5.0 and love it. It did introduce a very sight NVH. Nothing that bothered me or impacted from driving everyday. But I installed my supercharger about 2 months later and all NVH went away.

422856b5010924ac44c5d122f2948879.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave_6

Established Member
Got the K and a-arms on mine. Yes there is an NVH increase but on mine it's mainly the plastic surround around the cluster. It can buzz pretty bad when it's cold but it isn't noticeable on a warm day. The rear view mirror buzz (fixed now) was far worse but it was bad before the k-member.

SD_Stang

Established Member
The Passenger will likely not notice the NVH as it is more vibration related in the steering mostly under cold idle. I rode in a 2012 GT500 Griggs Suspension Rear End with Rod ends and a BMR front end, the NVH was minimal at best in terms of sound. He had a Roll Cage in it and I heard the creaks from that over anything else and that was very minor.

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Those of you that felt a slight increase in NVH, what motor mounts were you running before you swapped K members?

Users who are viewing this thread