Tube radiator support

coposrv

Established Member
So like many others my lower radiator support is bent up pretty good. While the motor is out I’m debating a lower support from motion. While I’m at it removing the upper support and building a bolt in brace. Pros cons? Anyone have pics of a similar set up as this?

IMG_1965.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

coposrv

Established Member
That doesnt look like it would be very rigid. Is there more to it than that 1" tubing?

The car pictured has the factory lower still intact it’s just an example of what I was thinking of doing.

I want to/need to replace my lower rad support and it seems the best way for me is a tube support. I don’t want to go through the hassle of replacing an entire stock one. While I’m at it creating more room in front of the motor is a plus.

coposrv

Established Member
Team Z makes a kit. It may be what you are looking for?

Sort of. I want to avoid a massive project cutting off the front of the nose and doing a full tube deal.

IMG_1967.jpg

Use this lower

IMG_1968.jpg

Then removing the areas in blue and then fab up a removable piece here for the upper to give me room between the front of the motor and the rad/condenser. I’ll run aerocatch hood latches and ditch the stock hood latch.

Users who are viewing this thread