TT dyno results

SpookSVT

Established Member
Goose727 said:
My 57mm kit will be put on in the next couple of weeks with the exact same set up that blk04 has, like he said there are plenty of guys making 800+ with the 2.5 catback

It's not power I'm talking about, it's spool. Reread my previous post.

I'm trying to help him get those things to spool quicker to take full advantage of those turbos w/ a more usable powerband w/ out revving the piss out of the motor, thats all. If wishes to keep his 2.5" thats completely up to him, just offering advice. :beer:

Last edited:

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
SpookSVT said:
It's not power I'm talking about, it's spool. Reread my previous post.

I'm trying to help him get those things to spool quicker to take full advantage of those turbos w/ a more usable powerband w/ out revving the piss out of the motor, thats all. If wishes to keep his 2.5" thats completely up to him, just offering advice. :beer:

thanks for the advice, I think a lot of the spool had to do with the settings on the boost controller as well...the seat of the pants difference is very noticeable when we messed with the settings and like I said, they feel like they're spooling hard about 1000rpm's sooner...hope to hit the dyno again soon and find out :thumbsup:

Goose727

I feel the need....
Established Member
HP, I looked at every possible kit and decided to go with them. I wanted a stealth look. Also in Cali if the police can see it when they open the hood, bye bye registration!

I ordered it last week and made the cut for the last production run. I'm gonna be in ABQ on Feb 5 to take a look at their progress.

Goose727

I feel the need....
Established Member
I re-read your post spooks, and its still not the size of the 2.5 exhaust thats robbing him of power, the lag hes running into has to do with his boost controler...that coupled with the size of the turbos(67mm) and the stock displacement of his engine is the cause. I have been told that the 67 kit is to large for my stock setup. The Bassani catback has flow-through mufflers, if they had baffels in them then I would consider the restriction as his problem down stream. Mike P's cobra with the 57mm HP kit makes 879 RWHP with a borla catback. :rockon:

Last edited:

carolinacat

...LOST
Established Member
blk 04

what did you ever decide to do about your intake. Play with the boost controler some more or ditch the sheetmetal and go to the 01 intake?

SpookSVT

Established Member
blk04cobra1 said:
thanks for the advice, I think a lot of the spool had to do with the settings on the boost controller as well...the seat of the pants difference is very noticeable when we messed with the settings and like I said, they feel like they're spooling hard about 1000rpm's sooner...hope to hit the dyno again soon and find out :thumbsup:

Good to hear that man. The car should be absolutely bitchin'. When you hitting the dyno next and don't forget charts when you do.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
CarolinaCat---we're gonna try to manipulate the settings a little bit first...and dont worry, i'll make sure to get the graphs this time around...hope to hit the dyno soon, just need to find another convenient day to take off of work.

carolinacat

...LOST
Established Member
BLK04 Im about sick of messing with mine i finaly had time to go get it aligned and while im there we realize that im gonna have to pull the suspension all apart again so i can grind out some in the shock tower so i can get more adjustment for the camber. Basicly $70 pissed away, Also Im tired of all the clanging around up front when you go over bumps. Surely someone make a coilover setup with poly bushing in the camber plates. Mine is all metal to metal up there. Then to finish it all off I top her off with 110 $40 worth and drive 45mins hoping to get a base tune. No luck I still cant get a base tune. Its been about a month dicking around trying to get one of thoes. :bash: :burn: :mj:

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
Spook...what do you mean by last cut off date? I ordered my kit 4 weeks ago. Just curious. I was told last week that tubing went to jet hot and i was waiting on an intercooler core for my customer box. Well as of today jet hot hasn't received any tubing for me or my friend who ordered a twin 67 kit at the same time. Intercooler cores are supposed to be there tomorrow and hopefully my customer box goes out next week. You ordered yours about 2 weeks after me so you should be close to mine, but i talked to them last week and they said they only had 2 kits on order one being my twin 57 and my friends' twin 67. ::shrug::

SpookSVT

Established Member
0mineralgrey3 said:
Spook...what do you mean by last cut off date? I ordered my kit 4 weeks ago. Just curious. I was told last week that tubing went to jet hot and i was waiting on an intercooler core for my customer box. Well as of today jet hot hasn't received any tubing for me or my friend who ordered a twin 67 kit at the same time. Intercooler cores are supposed to be there tomorrow and hopefully my customer box goes out next week. You ordered yours about 2 weeks after me so you should be close to mine, but i talked to them last week and they said they only had 2 kits on order one being my twin 57 and my friends' twin 67. ::shrug::

Huh? I never said anything about that. Got names mixed up or somethin?

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
Goose727 said:
HP, I looked at every possible kit and decided to go with them. I wanted a stealth look. Also in Cali if the police can see it when they open the hood, bye bye registration!

I ordered it last week and made the cut for the last production run. I'm gonna be in ABQ on Feb 5 to take a look at their progress.

Sorry about that spook. MEant to say goose. them oo's threw me off. Sitting at a computer all day at work takes it's toll.

SpookSVT

Established Member
0mineralgrey3 said:
Sorry about that spook. MEant to say goose. them oo's threw me off. Sitting at a computer all day at work takes it's toll.

Don't worry about it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread