TT dyno results

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
TT dyno results**graph inside**

Well after getting started about three hours late, due to some unforseen issues, we finally made it up to the dyno. We had some decent success, but the intake we are using and the air meter limited us to our results. Anyways, here they are:

22lbs

14* timing

770rwhp

635tq

We couldve hit 800+ by adding a few more degrees, but i didnt see the point b/c we were maxing out the air meter. We're gonna swap intakes to the 2001 cobra and port it, then also get a bigger mass air or fast system, then go back in a few months.

Last edited:

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
HP twin 67's and 110octane...I only run the good stuff b/c it's just a toy. Randy Haywood did the little bit of tuning on it, but realized quickly that the meter was pegging and there just wasnt much else we could do, so I played it safe and kept it where it is. I know most would be extatic about 770rwhp and Im not disappointed, but once we get the mid-range worked out and can put a few more degrees timing in it, look out!!

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Great numbers for only 14* timing and 110 octane...congrats.

But can you please tell us which intake your not having any luck with? Also what meter did you peg? I'm sure this info will help others in the future. Why do you think the intake your using is limiting your results?

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
The CL 95mm maf, is that the one that that runs the stock electronics in the bigger tube, not sure if that is how you had it.
I am gonna run an SCT2800 and Mafia (if needed) with mine. SCT2800 in blowthrough is supposed to be good till 850. Mafia for numbers above there. Also the intake, sheetmetal procharger one, interesting choice. Not seen a setup like that. Pics would be appreciated if ya got em. Switching to FAST would probably be a good idea since you should be over 1000rwhp on a big boost tune with the 67's

Good luck with it

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is really awesome. TTs are definitely the way to go if you want to make serious power. I'd love to see a TT video.

Postban, when are you starting the swap?

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
Im using a sheetmetal intake from my Procharger setup. It's not technically limiting me, just not giving me any mid-range power, all top-end due to the short runners. kind of looks like a Supra dyno sheet :-D . Car pulls like a champ and the power delivery is very nice, but at 5k rpms, hold on tight...they start coming in good about 4k, but really hard at 5k. Postban said which meter im running, we were gonna swap them out, but Randy didnt have any in stock. We're gonna make a vid tomorrow sometime if the weather's nice and a little warmer, still hard to get a lot traction. With this size turbo, you have to throw boost at them to get them to spool. Most guys at this boost level are over 800rwhp, but running 18-19 degree's...we could've seen that, but chose not to try our luck on Friday the 13th ;-)

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Have you thought about throwing a small shot of juice at it to help the turbos spool faster? I've heard of impressive results doing that.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
yeah and we might have to do that, but we're gonna try the intake swap, new electronics, and air meter first...if all else fails, we'll spray the biotch

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
How was the HP Kit? I am sure you have heard of the people that have bad experiences with them (missing some nuts/bolts) etc. Was your kit complete and did you recieve everything in a timely manner?

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
Randy was the first to put a modular motor in the 8's and 7's I believe...really knows his stuff and is a good guy to boot...

SlowSVT

Established Member
Postban

If your thinking about getting a SCT BA-2800 MAS I got a brand new one form Tucker at JLT for $250 that is still sitting in the box. I need to replace it with a BA-2400 which is what I should have gotten in the first place at my expected power levels for my Whipple. I've been rounding up the parts for my engine build and will be doing everything at once. I'll let it go for $225. If not no biggie. I think Jay will exchange it.

realaxed83

Established Member
Sounds like you got more out of it after we spoke on the phone, pretty sweet. So what was the fuel issue that you were having earlier that day? Let me know when your headed back to Raleigh, I gotta get a ride in that thing. If I could have I would have ditched work to stay around but you know how that goes. Good luck bro.

Users who are viewing this thread