TT 1300 mile Mystic Cobra

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
I like how he says 1200 orignal miles when nothing on it is original anymore, unless he saved all the stock stuff......which im for sure got some sort of damge while the build up was going on.

Also, how could you build a car like that and not beat the shit out of it? I mean that thing CANNOT break with the stuff he has on it

last but not least, why do that to a car that had 20 miles on it to start with?

RU8TNQT

Im a sexy s.o.b.
Established Member
I like how he says 1200 orignal miles when nothing on it is original anymore, unless he saved all the stock stuff......which im for sure got some sort of damge while the build up was going on.

Also, how could you build a car like that and not beat the shit out of it? I mean that thing CANNOT break with the stuff he has on it

last but not least, why do that to a car that had 20 miles on it to start with?

just to answer the last question, that is exactly what i would do if i had the money, i would just blow it on shit that i wanted to. i mean actual ford gt heads thats nutts. i think i might finance this car.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
what a great way to ruin a perfect car.............

that car would have brought some good goin if it was left stock.

all cobras that are found bone stock go for good money. Heck almost any car thats bone stock does...that's the irony of it. Spend a ton on it, get little back. Spend little on it, get a lot back.

bass ackwards if you ask me :shrug:

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
he is running two turbos, slightly smaller than the one turbo i'm going to run on mine...now that is sick. That car with Alumastars would be straight sex.

Pale Roader

Stuck in Mopar Hell...
Established Member
Geez, why the hate? I read the post before looking at the ad and y'all had me picturing some 80's pro-street abortion with sheetmetal and aluminum panels everywhere, lexan, pizza cutters...

Pretty damn nice install if you ask me. Actually the first decent TT install i've seen in a Cobra. I like the asymmetrical look where you can actually see the snails, and i like a streetable looking car. That looks fun, and if its anywhere near the $22K i see now, i'd finance it too! As for cutting (even that looks pretty minimal, people...) a low mileage mystic, its still a car, meant to be raced and modified, NOT left stock and encapsuled for future investment. Lets not be like the Mopar guys now... (be nice Sublime...)

But he IS crazy to sell it. Looks like a vision realized, and realized well. Doesn't mean he'll get anywhere NEAR his investment though. Maybe he knew that when he started, maybe he didn't. Its amazing how many people pay a LOT ov money to learn that lesson...

mystic1219

Established Member
No hating here, I wish my mystic was built like that with the miles of that car. How is someone with a car like that not on the boards here?

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
couple things

1. I don't care what parts you have on it, any car can and will break with 800+rwhp.
2. Good luck trying to get a bank to finance 22k for a 96 mustang. They'll give you about 6k.
3. GT supercar heads my ass. A stock intake will not work with GT heads.

mystic1219

Established Member
not to argue with any of your points, but anyone looking to buy this car probably doesnt have to worry with financing it. Ture, blue book value on these cars isnt much at all and the added parts dont help any for that really. Id still love to have it :)

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
couple things

I was thinking the same thing, a Cobra intake has much smaller ports and a different bolt pattern than the GT heads. Also, you can't port the intake to match the flow of the heads because the runner walls are too thin. So, there was either some serious metal work doen or those heads are not GT heads.

What's a McClung Clutch?

Two T70s and only 800rwhp, much smaller, quicker spooling turbos could have been used to get the same power and at a lower rpm which would make for a fun car, not one that had no boost until 5k.

There is no way that I would buy a dual power adder (FI/Nitrous) car.

I do like the 96-98 lid on the newer intake though.

Last edited:

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member

That is definitly NOT a stock intake manifold. It's some other manifold that I think I've seen before that happens to have our intake hat on top... :read:

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
That is definitly NOT a stock intake manifold. It's some wierd manifold that I think I've seen before that happens to have our intake hat on top... :read:

It's a 99/01, Mach, Marauder lower and they do not match up to GT heads unless worked over greatly.

Last edited:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
not to argue with any of your points, but anyone looking to buy this car probably doesnt have to worry with financing it. Ture, blue book value on these cars isnt much at all and the added parts dont help any for that really. Id still love to have it :)

My comment was in response to the statement shown below

just to answer the last question, that is exactly what i would do if i had the money, i would just blow it on shit that i wanted to. i mean actual ford gt heads thats nutts. i think i might finance this car.

Users who are viewing this thread