TT 02 SS vs TT 03 Cobra

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
Stumbled across this prehistoric race and thought I'd repost it.

[youtube_browser]XNSpp6fKnLk[/youtube_browser]

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I used to watch the shit out of this vid years ago when I had my SS. Classic for sure.

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
Hahaha, fun times, except the whole blowing a tire thing, eeek

One of the last lines in the SS's signature is "315 NT555R's," those did the job on my Cobra when I had a CAI and O/R X-Pipe. I would think that pushing close to 1000 RWHP would signal the owner to purchase something other than your average, budget drag radial tire. Then again, I have been accused of being an Arrogant Bastard.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
One of the last lines in the SS's signature is "315 NT555R's," those did the job on my Cobra when I had a CAI and O/R X-Pipe. I would think that pushing close to 1000 RWHP would signal the owner to purchase something other than your average, budget drag radial tire. Then again, I have been accused of being an Arrogant Bastard.

What would you recommend on a street wheel?

stangfreak

Established Member
I remember when that video was first posted on the forums. Time goes by so fast. I think the cobra owner sold that car. someone on modularfords has it I think. His car ran strong for a stock motor cobra. c16!! lol now everyone uses e85

Microsoft Paint

Established Member
Can anyone confirm if either of these two cars are still running?

I believe the Camaro was sold, converted to an auto and went 8's. The Cobra was sold, built up, made 1200+whp and went high 4's in the 1/8th. It was put up for sale last year but I'm not sure if it sold or not.

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member

That's why I rode in the Cobra, I said **** some Nittos lol. That Camaro even had a stock 10 bolt in it. I wanted no part of that. Although it lagged just enough that it worked, it black tracked a bit, but actually worked, not sure how lol. The front tire came apart on the Cobra, tread cap blew off, cheap 165 skinnies are a bad idea.

Can anyone confirm if either of these two cars are still running?

The Cobra was sold to Shakk on here, motor went in another car and was still running a couple years ago or so, he put a built motor and auto and stuff in it. The SS was parted out if I remember right, then he did a Trans Am, then a vette.

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
I remember when that video was first posted on the forums. Time goes by so fast. I think the cobra owner sold that car. someone on modularfords has it I think. His car ran strong for a stock motor cobra. c16!! lol now everyone uses e85

Not many use E85 around here, it's hard to come by, most people have to drive over 100 miles to buy it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great classic video. It would be great to come across a compilation of many of these older videos. Great fun. Greater memories. Thanks for providing some background info on both of these cars.

stangfreak

Established Member
Not many use E85 around here, it's hard to come by, most people have to drive over 100 miles to buy it.

I dont even think we had e85 back when this video was made right? didn't this cobra also race that fast evo that was rolling around in florida at that time

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
I dont even think we had e85 back when this video was made right? didn't this cobra also race that fast evo that was rolling around in florida at that time

This video was made in late 07, so I dont know, probably not lol. Yea he ran the Evo. Evo kept missing gears, turned it up to the big tune, and it went to take off, only to miss a gear again. Cobra wasnt on full tilt. Cobra owner's brother raced the Evo also in his Notch.

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
Some pre race pics

018.jpg

013.jpg

006.jpg

011.jpg

017.jpg

014.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg