Tsunami warning!

djc

Professional Nerd
Established Member
rofl

there was an earthquake earlier in northern CA (surprising, huh?) off the coast.

The over reactive media and others a bit sensitive since the ONE tsunami in Asia happened put out a TSUNAMI WARNING!

People were in a panic, calling 911 for INFORMATION, evacuating, etc.

A bit over an hour and a half later, "oops, our bad. There's no tsunami. Stop panicking, stop calling us at the station, stop calling 911. We're sorry!'

Now, I'm in San Diego. This occured NORTH of San Fran!

To add to the drama, people were calling me:

"Where are you?"
"Home."
"What? Why?"
"Why not?"
"Didn't you hear about the Tsunami?"
"Uh, ..."
"You should leave now! Don't you want to live?"
"Good idea."

I went to Carl's Jr, there was no line!

Comedic!

SB Lightning

Young Buck
Established Member
I don't see how this was funny to you...but while driving along the beach and hearing the radio cut out to an emergency broadcast saying there was a tsunami warning. very funny :rollseyes:

gyacopetti

Super Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
djc said:
rofl

there was an earthquake earlier in northern CA (surprising, huh?) off the coast.

The over reactive media and others a bit sensitive since the ONE tsunami in Asia happened put out a TSUNAMI WARNING!

People were in a panic, calling 911 for INFORMATION, evacuating, etc.

A bit over an hour and a half later, "oops, our bad. There's no tsunami. Stop panicking, stop calling us at the station, stop calling 911. We're sorry!'

Now, I'm in San Diego. This occured NORTH of San Fran!

To add to the drama, people were calling me:

"Where are you?"
"Home."
"What? Why?"
"Why not?"
"Uh, ..."
"Good idea."

Comedic!

:rockon:

tsunami warnings :sleeping:

UCBeau

i got 4 phone calls from friends asking if i'd evacuated. i laughed, went and took a dump, then went back to watching a movie.

djc

Professional Nerd
Established Member
SB Lightning said:
I don't see how this was funny to you...but while driving along the beach and hearing the radio cut out to an emergency broadcast saying there was a tsunami warning. very funny :rollseyes:

Because it wouldn't have even been given attention by the media prior to the Asian tsunami.

Over cautious, just like having to leave my lighter at home when I fly nowadays.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
7.4 on the richter scale, 300 miles north of San Francisco and 60 miles east of Eureka, had the potential to make a quite large Tsunami..

inteller

Established Member
i guess pat roberson and jerry falwell will have to pray harder next time. The evil sin den of California still stands!

Chris C

Established Member
haha my buddies and i went crabbing on a pier in San Francisco, while we were there we had our parents calling us 24/7 trying to get us to come home. :poke:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Carl JR's?? You mean Hardee's right.... ;-)

I wonder why they change the name between E/W coast?

I also wonder if California will eventually break off from the lower 48 and drift away...we can only hope :p ;-) :banana:

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Silver2003Cobra said:
7.4 on the richter scale, 300 miles north of San Francisco and 60 miles east of Eureka, had the potential to make a quite large Tsunami..

Good thought.

03DOHC

Established Member
Funny, the news up here in SF didn't mention anything about an earthquake yesterday and if they did it had to have been in passing like a fart in the wind or a second thought. This morning when I woke up every channel was talking about tidal waves. What a bunch of kool-aid drinking fools. Then they got on the scare train and did their best once again to make it seem like the world is coming to an end and this time it will be by tidal wave, so you better watch Channel 2 at 6pm or else.

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
djc said:
rofl

"Where are you?"
"Home."
"What? Why?"
"Why not?"
"Uh, ..."
"Good idea."

Comedic!

HOLY CRAP!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rockon:
I would have gone to Jack In The Box though....order a Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger with curly fries.... :beer:

Stewart

Worldwide panhandler
Established Member
We had a Tsunami watch. Like where in the hell am I gonna go? The other side of the island?

Users who are viewing this thread