trying to talk sence into friend

ZX2Down

Established Member
trying to talk sense into friend

he says his dads got a 35th anniver mustang had it has 450hp, yet only mods are: chip, custom dual exhaust, new headers, air intake

i think its like ~300hp (not god at estimating V8's) that would it tak to be at 450hp? and what would those mods give him?

Last edited:

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
35th anniversary they did those in gt and v6 models right? there is no way it is making 450 with those mods, yeah it might make 300 at the motor, it sounds like a ricer comment, take all the max hp ratings on the box of the products multipy by 2 and add to your stock hp rating

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
Full exhaust, Tune, and a Supercharger or Turbo pushing some fairly high PSI's to get 450hp, not bolt on's. I wish it were true that you could simply do that .

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
if his car makes 450 rwhp with those mods, then mine makes 900 rwhp and runs 7's in the 1/4. If you believe that, I have some beach front property in arizona........oh nevermind. I think you get my point.

Pyro

Established Member
Maybe he was talking about a 10th anniversery SVT Cobra. If so, then that makes sense. 450 rwhp seems to be the norm for a bolt-on 03 Cobra.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Should run the same as a regular GT... I dont know what the difference in times are between the auto GT and 5-speed GT, but I do know the GT's iv heard about put the average at very low 14's, the occasional high 13's.

Users who are viewing this thread