Trying to get to your dying mother at the hosptial? DON'T run into this officer!

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
Exactly, Cops get lied to daily. Blowing a red light and possibly killing someone is bull

These people rolled through a red light when there was no one around. There was no "possibly killing some one."

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
These people rolled through a red light when there was no one around. There was no "possibly killing some one."

Oh..you were there?

Im not saying the Cop didn't go overboard, or wet about this the right way. Look at this way, if the obeyed the traffic law better they would have seen the wonan pass and wouldn't have been ticketed to boot

BlueSS

HAHA do you know how often people LIE to officers, if they would have cooperated they would'nt have had very many problems. People need to take responsibilty for their actions, they WERE speeding, they DID run a red light, the law is the law and the officer did what he needed to do.

It Sounds Like His Department Agrees With You Since They Fired His Ass, Get Real. :dw:

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
Oh..you were there?

Im not saying the Cop didn't go overboard, or wet about this the right way. Look at this way, if the obeyed the traffic law better they would have seen the wonan pass and wouldn't have been ticketed to boot

No, but it was in the article. The very cop that you are defending was there. :shrug:

Yes, that is true. Or if they rolled through a red light and were stopped by any cop with half a heart or half a brain they would have been there even sooner.

cobra707

Established Member
Oh..you were there?

Listen to the video stupid both Ryan and the officer achknowledge the fact that he slowed down at the light saw it was clear then went through it. Glad to know that when ur family is in an emergency situation u will sit and wait for a light to turn green :rockon:

Oh and to MR I have my information out and ready before the officer even came up to my car keep it up they will nail u with a seat belt ticket sooner or later.

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
Donut crew checking in:kaboom:.I would not think many leo,s would back the officer in this case.Our local news just aired it and the chief of that dept apologized.So let the beheading continue,I ask you guys do not judge any other leo as this guy is being judged

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
Donut crew checking in:kaboom:.I would not think many leo,s would back the officer in this case.Our local news just aired it and the chief of that dept apologized.So let the beheading continue,I ask you guys do not judge any other leo as this guy is being judged

Definitely something to keep in mind. Threads like these lead to a lot of "general" cop despising.

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
^^^True^^^Ill stand behind leo,s when bashing [imo] is uncalled for.Most vids posted on the forums involving police only show the negative side and its a snow ball effect.Everybody comes out and says how much of a prick the officer was and what they would have done or what should be done to the officer.Those people and the officer were the only ones there,along with the officers vid camera.The camera is there to both protect the officer and the people we come in contact with.This time without a doubt,again imo,shows the officer lacking alot just in being human.A ticket is going to end crime and there sure as hell will be another ticket written.This incident is a sorry example of wearing a badge

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
^^^True^^^Ill stand behind leo,s when bashing [imo] is uncalled for.Most vids posted on the forums involving police only show the negative side and its a snow ball effect.Everybody comes out and says how much of a prick the officer was and what they would have done or what should be done to the officer.Those people and the officer were the only ones there,along with the officers vid camera.The camera is there to both protect the officer and the people we come in contact with.This time without a doubt,again imo,shows the officer lacking alot just in being human.A ticket is going to end crime and there sure as hell will be another ticket written.This incident is a sorry example of wearing a badge

It's not just police officers, it is our society. People want to see failure and mistake. You rarely hear about the guy doing great things.

bone stock

Established Member
HAHA do you know how often people LIE to officers, if they would have cooperated they would'nt have had very many problems. People need to take responsibilty for their actions, they WERE speeding, they DID run a red light, the law is the law and the officer did what he needed to do.

Police officers can use discretion and this officer chose not to use it.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
bull shit, i wouldnt have even acknowledged the officer

this idiot probably would have tazed or shot you.

That's easy for you to say sitting behind your computer but from the cop's seat you had three uncooperational people who ran a red light, failed to stop, didn't have paperwork, wouldn't follow directions, and fled the scene. If it were me I would have assumed they were a threat initially too. I'm not condoning the cop's actions by any means but the reaction to this video defies common sense. Had the NFL player simply obeyed the traffic laws he would have been at his mother-in-law's bedside and had he cooperated with that dick officer in the first place he wouldn't have been sitting in the parking lot for a half hour. I was pulled over last weekend and I had my license, registration, and insurance in hand before I even stopped the car. I keep them all paper clipped together in my console...the cop clearly appreciated my attitude and I was done in five minutes. Yes sir, no sir, thank you sir, here's my paperwork sir, have a good day, BAM you're in the hospital.

actually what the guy should have done was just told his wife, "im not speeding to get to the damn hospital. youre not going to see your mother again. deal with it." that, would have been the proper thing to do :rollseyes

The cop was VERY full of himself but that doesn't change the fact that they didn't conduct themselves properly either th us giving the cop a reason to showcase his idiocy.

they didnt conduct themselves properly?? what if you were in that same situation and your mother was upstairs dying and you could possibly not have the chance to see her alive again. ONE MINUTE can make all the difference. should they have stayed in the car and waited for him to run the plates, ask for the paperwork, go back to his car and run the info, write up the ticket, etc....?? they explained to him what was going on and he didnt want to hear it. he wanted to be obeyed no matter what. im actually surprised he didnt yell and threaten and possibly taze the women as they walked off.

normally the brass will be on the tv stating that the officer followed department procedure blah blah blah. and technically, i guess he did :shrug: but this incident was just so royally stupid that theyre not even attempting to. they immediately put the guy at a desk and are publicly apologizing. how often do you see that?! maybe it was because the guy is a ballplayer (hero) maybe not. its just hard to believe, so id imagine that any regular joe shmoe wouldnt be receiving the same treatment.

if he disobeyed and got shot atleast he wouldnt be far from the hospital.

:lol:

Im a 15 yr vet of the pd and still going.No one,absolutely no one,can say what the officer felt.Whether he thought they were a threat or not.Everyone is sitting at their monitor saying they werent so that should be it right?Nope.Every traffic stop is treated as a possible thread.Even if its grandma.If its not treated this way,thats when officers get hurt..its called routine.In this case and Im speaking because I might have a little knowledge of the job,the officer saw the violations and the car hauling ass.Once they pulled into the parking lot and very clearly they were upset,things could have and should have been handled differently.Of course the officers heart rate is up and his awareness due to having to "chase" them down to catch up.He had the "cop" syndrome which is basically this,"Im the police and you will do what I say".When he received non-compliance,it only made him more determined he was going to follow through with writing a ticket or what he was set on doing.
When they jumped out of the car its normal to say "get back in the car".That is a huge safety factor.But,once he was told the reasoning for their actions it should have changed the officers thought pattern.
This is not normal[obviously] but made the media because of the outcome.If the officer would have done everything up to the point of holding the driver up any further than getting a quick explanation,no one would ever have anything to say.So rant on about how cops are asshats because of this incident.That is NOT the case.The officer was wrong,plain and simple!

i think that's the first time ive ever seen someone adequately, imo, explain the (possible) cop's side to one of these situations. well said :beer:

you know youre in deep shit when the chief has to publicly apologize for your actions. he more or less just called this officer a retard :lol1:

the cop told the guy "ill tow your car" (or something like that). at that point he should have said "go for it" and walked away. ive seen a rich guy tell a cop that before and stood there not really caring as they loaded the guys car up on a flatbed.

Blown 89

Established Member
Oh and to MR I have my information out and ready before the officer even came up to my car keep it up they will nail u with a seat belt ticket sooner or later.
Seat belt was on the entire time....I don't need to undo my seatbelt to grab something two inches away from me in the center console

To the guy saying I'm running the risk of the officer thinking I'm reaching for something get real. There's no way for him to see me open the center console and grab my insurance booklet 40 feet back in his car. Most of the time I have it sitting out next to my parking brake so by your reasoning he must think I'm reaching for something every time I shift my car :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread