-Trying to get a read on what to consider selling my 03 Vert for

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
I'm seeing prices all over the place...
This is my 2nd Terminator Vert, my 5th Mustang and I just honestly don't use it enough to justify not allowing someone else to enjoy it.

To be honest, I've always thought this car would be going to my youngest daughter...she's 13 so a few years to go. But, it's lowered, it has aftermarket headers and welded subframes.

If you have had, or know of someone that has had that setup, then you know it rides really low. And, I don't think I'd like to have my youngest worried about that all the time. (And increasing the ride height is not a plan either)

Anyway, it's not a daily and for as much as I've enjoyed it, I'm thinking someone else should be the receiver of the proverbial torch pass

To each their own on Cobra builds so I'll say I put this one in the "show and some go" category"

Basic overview:
89K Miles
Black and Tan convertible with custom ghost flame paint (copper colorish ghost flames, have to see it, it's sweet!)
Stage 5 (505RWHP)
BAP, Injectors
BBK CAI
Metco D.I. pulleys
Black powdercoated intercooler/radiator tanks
Rotorpros brakes (dimpled/slotted)
True Forged Chicanes (Pir Pzeros, less than 2k miles on them)
HR Sport
MM CC plates
Saleen Speedster cover custom painted to match car (ghost flames as well)
Classic Designs roll bar / 3rd brake light

...and I'm sure I'm missing a bunch

I'd rate the exterior 9 to 9.5 out of 10...it's sweet and when I do take it out, I get all kinds of attention, thumbs up, etc. It sounds amazing, it looks amazing and the combination of the custom paint, speedster/rollbar set up with 18'' TF wheels and fat tires always looks nice

Interior is very solid 9. No cracks in the dash, carpet if nice and the seats have great wear in them for nearly 90K

At just over 500RWHP, no...it's not the fastest Cobra out there. But it certainly gets out of its own way and sounds great doing it
The only known issue I have right now (again, not a daily so I've not messed with it much) is an ABS light. Yes, I could get it cleared. Yes, I could also fix it. (I did try cleaning the sh!t out of the sensors, didn't work so I'm guess it needs more attention). But, that's the only known issue

Thoughts? What's a good price ?

I appreciate your time (I know this is a long post)

MG0h3

Established Member
Well the wheels are worth 3k. How bout the top for value?

I know your car is super clean so with the teo big extras (wheels and top) I'd say 22k?

You could sell those on the side and drop to @18-19? My car just hit 90k as well and I'm nowhere near selling it but I see prices in our mileage range really vary.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
Well the wheels are worth 3k. How bout the top for value?

I know your car is super clean so with the teo big extras (wheels and top) I'd say 22k?

You could sell those on the side and drop to @18-19? My car just hit 90k as well and I'm nowhere near selling it but I see prices in our mileage range really vary.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Thanks for your reply!
The speedster cover/rollbar is roughly $900 but throw in the custom paint and we're now into 3k
I'm thinking I'd only consider selling it as is though and not breaking up wheels, etc

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I’d wait another month to list it or in May due to it being a vert. Have you looked at eBay to see what some are going for as in high bids? Vert maybe a tougher sale than a coupe. I always say your either a vert guy or you’re not. I’m gonna say 20k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
Some pics. Can't believe I don't have one of the speedster cover, but you can see the backside of it leaning in the garage
508f66548165a98c90e181673f6acd26.jpg
716e39a654a4cde82988f95f68e62555.jpg
3ed37182c9012ef535f79cc82e6955e6.jpg
800b3a65a38db17a8aa496e7374bcd72.jpg
c0dcfa99fb539390f9e40b3727ffb51b.jpg

Sent from that shiny thing in my hands

MG0h3

Established Member
Thanks for your reply!
The speedster cover/rollbar is roughly $900 but throw in the custom paint and we're now into 3k
I'm thinking I'd only consider selling it as is though and not breaking up wheels, etc
Ya sometimes it's easier to just let it go together and take the hit.

Users who are viewing this thread