Trunk struts very stiff!

SVT CAMR

Established Member

arayray

Established Member
I ended up having to get get a new set acouple days ago. Same thing, they were real hard to put up and then finally they got to the top and blew out. Got a new set through Napa.

SVT CAMR

Established Member
I ended up having to get get a new set acouple days ago. Same thing, they were real hard to put up and then finally they got to the top and blew out. Got a new set through Napa.

Just curious how much were the NAPA ones? Like $50?

Also when you hit the button does the trunk go right up now? Or do you still have to pull it up?

arayray

Established Member
Mine were under $30. But as a business I get a discount. I haven't tried it yet but I know they are alot better than the stock ones haha

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
I had the same issue. I replaced them with like $12 ones off rockauto.com and they work fantastic. No more squeak, no more workout to open it, and I barely lift it up and it swings up. Put some low temp grease in the hinges where each end of the shock pops onto the ball.

Fox 5.0

Established Member
I had the same issue. I replaced them with like $12 ones off rockauto.com and they work fantastic. No more squeak, no more workout to open it, and I barely lift it up and it swings up. Put some low temp grease in the hinges where each end of the shock pops onto the ball.

Do you have the part number for the RockAuto ones? I got an email for a discount code for RockAuto, might just be the right time to buy something.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Do you have the part number for the RockAuto ones? I got an email for a discount code for RockAuto, might just be the right time to buy something.

I'll have to check later to see if I do. I'll let you know.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Don't worry about. I ended up just ordering the struts from RockAuto... like $11/ea.

K cool lol you'll be fine. Just remember to put some some of lube or grease in the sockets before though snap them on and you'll be good to go. You'll wonder why you didn't do them sooner lol.

SVT CAMR

Established Member
The trunk struts arrived today! Went on in like 5 minutes. took DJ's advise and touched the attachments with a little grease. Problem solved! Now i click trunk and lift 10" and it comes up all by it self.

I decided to test my old ones they did rebound but not nearly with the power of the new ones. Good value and good buy with a 3 year warranty. There are no loose ends on this car it is time to go lay some sod down on the side of the house.

Users who are viewing this thread