True forged wheels

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
I know Steve switched back to selling insurance or something like that but he did mention about possibly doing a few sets of wheels. I have messaged him twice with no response. Via forum.

Anyone get a hold of him recently?

How many of you would be interested in a set of true forged wheels? Maybe if we get a small group buy together we can persuade him to make a small batch.

I'm interested in having a set of chicanes made myself.

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple

03' White Snake

Established Member
I know Steve switched back to selling insurance or something like that but he did mention about possibly doing a few sets of wheels. I have messaged him twice with no response. Via forum.

Anyone get a hold of him recently?

How many of you would be interested in a set of true forged wheels? Maybe if we get a small group buy together we can persuade him to make a small batch.

I'm interested in having a set of chicanes made myself.

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple

PM me for details, might be able to help you out.

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
Love True Forged products and think Steve is a great person. I am not faulting him for his career/life changes. But I would be hesitant to purchase a product that cannot be replaced. Especially a wheel that can easily be damaged. Just my $.02.
Again, not a slam on Steve or True Forged.
I see what you mean but I like the chicane wheels on our cars. Lol

Do the damage easy? I have had stock wheels for years no issues aftermarket prone to damage?

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple

BoostedSVT03

Established Member
I see what you mean but I like the chicane wheels on our cars. Lol

Do the damage easy? I have had stock wheels for years no issues aftermarket prone to damage?

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple

No they don't/shouldn't damage easy. But pot holes and curbs happen. Really with any of these high dollar wheels, you damage it, you either need to send it back to be re-barreled or wait 4-8 weeks for a replacement.

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
No they don't/shouldn't damage easy. But pot holes and curbs happen. Really with any of these high dollar wheels, you damage it, you either need to send it back to be re-barreled or wait 4-8 weeks for a replacement.
I hear what your sayin

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
Love True Forged products and think Steve is a great person. I am not faulting him for his career/life changes. But I would be hesitant to purchase a product that cannot be replaced. Especially a wheel that can easily be damaged. Just my $.02.
Again, not a slam on Steve or True Forged.
This is one of the reasons why I sold my Chicane's. God forbid if I damaged a wheel I would be screwed. I'll take my Classics over the Chicane's any day

BYEPOLR

Established Member
it's not difficult to re-hoop a wheel. TF isn't using "TF specific" parts aside from the centers. You could get an identical replacement lip or barrel in less than a week from any number of manufacturers. Heck, if you damage it in or around Michigan I'll take it apart and re-assemble it in exchange for a steak dinner :D

TooFast98Cobra

#1 Vent Shade Installer
Established Member
Ive had each brand wheel out there.
My HRE's were the best. I miss them more then the cobra. I recommend to spend more $ and get you a set.

BYEPOLR

Established Member
I’ve had several sets of HRE/TF/CCW/iForged etc and while I do agree that HRE stands alone at the top, TF beats the others in regards to quality of CNC detail. I’m polishing my chicanes as we speak and I’m reminded of how nice they are. The double tinted finish is the jam! Of course I’m a wheel hoe so I could always be persuaded to sell for the right price I suppose.

IMG_5741.jpg
IMG_5742.jpg
IMG_5744.jpg
View attachment 1551952

Last edited:

TooFast98Cobra

#1 Vent Shade Installer
Established Member
That's nearly double the price of TF's. To each their own but there's no way I view HRE's as TWICE the wheels TF's are. Again, if you have the money then do what makes you happy
Let me know which company has better customer service when you need to know when your wheels will be done and delivered or if you have a problem with a wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread