SOLD: True Forged Mach 5’s

Goocher0310th

Established Member
That backspace is what you want for an IRS Cobra, not an SRA swap.

OP, find someone good to get the fenders rolled! Unless you want to keep the stock 9" wheels, this is pretty much required for any upgrade.
I am running 10.5” in the rear now and have plenty of room. I’ve never felt any rubbing on a hard acceleration.
5089A5ED-1477-4855-BA15-815021569749.jpeg

68gtscode

Established Member
I am running 10.5” in the rear now and have plenty of room. I’ve never felt any rubbing on a hard acceleration. View attachment 1770717
I am surprised to hear that, but wheel backspace, tire width, and springs all play a part. The lips on the fenders stick out so far that they will interfere with any sort of aggressive fitment, damaging tires and/or fenders.

Just my opinion- your car is very nice but I would never be happy without a nice set of forged wheels with 11" rears. Again, I would find someone good and have the fenders rolled professionally. Drew at AED did mine and they came out perfect. I know he used a heat gun to prevent paint damage.

Goocher0310th

Established Member
I am surprised to hear that, but wheel backspace, tire width, and springs all play a part. The lips on the fenders stick out so far that they will interfere with any sort of aggressive fitment, damaging tires and/or fenders.

Just my opinion- your car is very nice but I would never be happy without a nice set of forged wheels with 11" rears. Again, I would find someone good and have the fenders rolled professionally. Drew at AED did mine and they came out perfect. I know he used a heat gun to prevent paint damage.
The longer I have these for sale and contemplate selling the more I’m thinking of looking for someone that can roll them other than my first choice, who doesn’t want to roll them.

I love these Mach 5’s.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
What is your suspension setup? How mine sits, I’ve got a much bigger gap in the rear than you have.

Real nice job you did rolling those, maybe you want to come out to Fl and take a crack at mine
I have h&r race springs with all iso in place and Bilstein b8 rear shocks.

I've always wanted to visit Florida, especially during Minnesota winters.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

68gtscode

Established Member
^ Nice! I know you were asking about springs… I prefer a flat stance over the raked look, and found the perfect setup to be H&R race springs with Maximum Motorsports isolators (with the rear isolator removed). I found no increase in NVH with the rear isolators removed, just FYI. I bought CCWs with the same rear width and backspace as your wheels, and it looked devine!

Goocher0310th

Established Member
^ Nice! I know you were asking about springs… I prefer a flat stance over the raked look, and found the perfect setup to be H&R race springs with Maximum Motorsports isolators (with the rear isolator removed). I found no increase in NVH with the rear isolators removed, just FYI. I bought CCWs with the same rear width and backspace as your wheels, and it looked devine!
Thank you. That is the spring setup I have, with those MM iso's. I kept all of mine in though. When I get around to mounting these I can see the looks w/o those rear iso's.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Thank you. That is the spring setup I have, with those MM iso's. I kept all of mine in though. When I get around to mounting these I can see the looks w/o those rear iso's.
I run all stock isos with race springs. I've also never had tire rub on the drivers side. Only on the passenger side, but that's typical during a hard pull.
6c845c4d408ef84cae6ebfda1599c53b.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

68gtscode

Established Member
^ We started with the MM isolators both front and rear, and then removed rears because there was some unsightly rake (I like a flat stance). I never experienced any interference with 18X11s w/ 6.75” backspace running NITTO 305s.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
^ We started with the MM isolators both front and rear, and then removed rears because there was some unsightly rake (I like a flat stance). I never experienced any interference with 18X11s w/ 6.75” backspace running NITTO 305s.
Do nittos still run skinny?

I ran 18/35/305 on 10" wheels without much buldge

*edit* it was years ago and now I can't remember if they were 305 or 315

68gtscode

Established Member
Do nittos still run skinny?

I ran 18/35/305 on 10" wheels without much buldge

*edit* it was years ago and now I can't remember if they were 305 or 315
Yes, Nittos definitely run very narrow. The 305s on those wheels were not stretched but l’m sure a 305 Nitto would be fine on a 10” rim. Heck, I remember guys were running Nitto 315s on the OEM terminator 17X9s without that much bulge!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
you shouldnt need to roll fenders with this width/backspacing and tire size. some times, the IRS needs a little adjustment. id have to look it up but 04sleeper told me about the certain bolt back there that some times needs a little adjustment. some times one side is off and the other is ok.

Goocher0310th

Established Member
you shouldnt need to roll fenders with this width/backspacing and tire size. some times, the IRS needs a little adjustment. id have to look it up but 04sleeper told me about the certain bolt back there that some times needs a little adjustment. some times one side is off and the other is ok.
Thanks Steve, these are still in the shipping boxes, I've been very lazy and need to get these mounted. I think I'll check fitment without rolling first.

Users who are viewing this thread