True Forged GT500 Hood Vents

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I received my gloss black True Forged hood vents Thurs afternoon and put them on that evening. I ended up installing them like Tob (OP) did, which is putting the screen under the hood sheet metal. I tried it with the screen on top of the sheet metal like TF shows in their vid, but didnt like the way the top trim piece sat with the screen on top of the hood.
Another tip make sure you use blue Loctite on the studs (like Tob showed) but you might also want to give it time to bond. I had a problem with the studs backing out on me even though I used the Loctite.
I'm in the middle of a marathon detail project on my car so I only have pics in the garage. I will post more pics tomorrow if I finish up the car.
th_IMG_1678.jpg

th_IMG_1683.jpg

th_IMG_1676.jpg

Just to let everyone know I did install them like Tob did mesh grill under looks so much better so far no issues. I did use loctite but I also used both nuts to screw in the studs all the way to make sure they were secure. Steve these vents are what ive been looking for and they finshed off my car perfectly. Thank you for making us awsome products.

thanks for the tips to everyone guys. :beer:

i was going to mention to use loctite but forgot :bash::p

how was the fit on them otherwise? i know certain people are waiting to hear/see....:read:

Looks great on that vapor!

sent you a pm bud :thumbsup:

canuck

Established Member
gloss black would probably be ready some time next week. they'd have to be pre-ordered though as most people are requesting satin black.
STEVE
i would take gloss black! pm me info price and how i can pay you by visa.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Shelby really needs to carry these. It was one of the first things I wanted to switch out.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Blown93...wow. You have nailed it my man. The vents make a classy ride even classier!

Just wanted to mention that I finally put the hood blanket back on. I waited so long because I took awhile to pick up some new push pins from Ford.

IMG_6686.jpg

If you're careful you can reuse them. I'm just a fanatic about fresh hardware, so I bought new pins from my local dealer. IIRC, there are thirteen of them. Ford sells them in bags of four. I had picked up three bags so I should have been one short. Well, one of my "made in Japan" bags contained eight pins, so I got by with three bags. I think I paid about $20 for the three bags.

IMG_6687.jpg

IMG_6693.jpg

IMG_6695.jpg

Again, the fitment of the TF vents is perfect. They look very sharp poking through the factory blanket from the underside.

And Steve, I wear my TF shirt with pride. You have a class operation there my friend. I'll use those brushed screens somehow...

Tob

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Steve, my bad. My original shots were wiped off my SanDisk memory card. The shots I have uploaded (and their respective sizes) are all I have left from the swap. These are shots that I never uploaded until recently...

IMG_6840.jpg

IMG_6865.jpg

IMG_6866.jpg

IMG_6867.jpg

IMG_6861.jpg

IMG_6863.jpg

Thanks again Steve for making the hood vents a reality.

Tob

Cdroundy

Established Member
Tob Thank you so very much for starting this thread. I was just what I needed to make sure I got mine installed correctly!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Cool that after all these years you were able to put this thread to work for you. Good to hear!

Users who are viewing this thread