True Forged Coolant and IC tank combo--review and some pics

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I was in the market looking for an upgrade for my IC tank and didnt find much of anything i liked that would fit in stock location. I like the spare tire ice tank idea, but dont feel like diving into a $1k project of that size right now.

As luck would have it, Steve reached out and had one of these beauties hanging around that happened to be in the exact color i would want (satin black).

Figured i'd share some pics (i couldnt find many with any sort of detail online prior to buying to be honest) so you guys can see what this think looks like.

Its a quality piece.. fit is good. Steve includes everything you need to install it. Im stoked to now have the ability to ice down the intake charge when im at the track.

Good looking out @Steve@TF!

Sorry for the dirty engine bay!!

TF 8.JPG

TF 9.JPG

TF 10.JPG

TF 7.JPG

TF 6.JPG

TF 1.JPG

TF 4.JPG

TF 3.JPG

Edited for Brad.

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Looks great, would love to get one of these myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

only have a few more in stock and then that's it. no more. no plans to make any more. this is the only one we've done without custom engraving lol. OP said he likes it more plain. everyone else has wanted custom engraving and some with custom paint. PM me if interested for pics/info.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
Looks great, I have the Moroso and it's not the prettiest looking piece but it gets the job done. Money was a factor when I was searching and the TF piece was a bit out of my price range. I have a drain and hose that runs underneath the car so I can drain water and fill with ice at the track.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks great, I have the Moroso and it's not the prettiest looking piece but it gets the job done. Money was a factor when I was searching and the TF piece was a bit out of my price range. I have a drain and hose that runs underneath the car so I can drain water and fill with ice at the track.

This tank has a drain c0ck at the bottom as well. Im excited to ice her down at the track!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Lol, any trouble with air when you first filled it and how much Purple Ice did you put in? I know I just did a small amount in my 03, but it holds way less.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Funny you should ask. I filled it Sunday and drove it to work Monday. Temps were in the low 90's Monday outside.

Driving home i was monitoring coolant temp and it was hovering around 204-208 for much of the trip in stop and go traffic (30 miles one way with half of it bumper to bumper). Once the fwy started moving temps dropped to 198.

It seemed the car couldnt cool itself down sufficiently using its fan while sitting still. It certainly didnt overheat, but i didnt like how warm it was getting.

Got home and pulled the cap and found that an air bubble must have worked its way out because i had to add about half a gallon of water. Seems to be fine now.

I am ruining 10 oz or Redline water wetter in both sides.

Harry08

Established Member
Steve@TF, thank you for taking the time this morning the explain the different options and finish choices of the GT500 combo tanks. I can't wait to get the pictures to check the different style finishes before ordering.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Steve@TF, thank you for taking the time this morning the explain the different options and finish choices of the GT500 combo tanks. I can't wait to get the pictures to check the different style finishes before ordering.

no problem. email coming soon. sorry had some pita stuff come up i had to deal with asap

Users who are viewing this thread