"True" E85 in Colorado

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
So every Western Convenience station in the area is out of E85 and they were the only ones that ever had true E85 year round.

I had to fill up with E70 at a Valero nearby. I'm tuned for E85 though and it ran a little rich.

Has anyone tested the Kum N Go stations lately? I tested them back in the summer of 2014 and they were all E70 shit.

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
So I called Western Convenience and left a message for someone asking what the deal is with them being out of E85 everywhere. The stores don't have any idea.

I then called Kum N Go to discuss the E85 situation with them. I said the tuner community in the area will never use their E85 fuel because its always been blended down to E70. He was really interested in the discussion and said that they want to work with the tuner community in each market to identify 1 station in each area where they would be willing to sell an 83% blend year round. very cool guy that understands that its more than just the tree huggers that want E85. So he's going to keep in touch with me and let me know which stations Kum N Go will offer an 83% blend and get back to me.

He also said that in January it became illegal to sell anything higher than 83% ethanol (federal law)... Kinda of silly since its called E85. I'm gonna start another thread on that.. wondering if anyone can shed some light on that.

Steel Chicken

Hey all, I know I am from the enemy camp but this thread was the only thing I could find on the Googles. All the Western Con. Stores Ive called are out as you said and don't know anything. I called the main office and got someone that I couldn't understand...maybe a wrong number. My poor car is out of corn juice and I am about due for an emissions test. Aye carumba! Hopefully this is not the end of E85...where I live Western stores are the only option. I would have to drive 30 miles into Denver to fill up.

Users who are viewing this thread