Trucks on Spike TV today

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
I caught todays episode by chance and had to finish when I saw Dynospeed was there. Joe knows his stuff, he tuned my L.

I haven't really cared for the show much after Stacy left. And Mr. Clean really ruined it for me.

SuperSnakeI

Established Member
I noticed that Kevin didn't say the final numbers on the last run,he closed the laptop so the other guy couldn't see what it was. I watched it twice to make sure I was seeing that.

fordfx497

Established Member
ya i saw it, the lightning made some peppy numbers on the dyno, i was laughing when the 454ss couldnt even keep up on the torque side of it........ im guessing the lightning probably made more horspower than the 454ssafter the fuel pump change, but they wouldnt tell us the final numbers kevin just shut the computer, but hey think we got em

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Turbo + V8 = AWESOME TORQUE!!!

I wasnt that surprised the L made more torque, its a little more than I was expecting but thats a turbo for ya. I was surprised at how much rwhp the SS put down though. Pretty impressive IMO. I cant wait to see them go at it on the street/strip :)

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Is there a mod list somewhere? A 454 only put down 351 ft-lbs? That sounds pretty weak.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
they are running 9's and 10's in the 1/8th mile @ 70-76mph. its on spike today

the chevy beat the ford in handling and braking.

the ford took the chevy on the track by 1 car length

sparkadellic

Established Member
Premium Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I can't believe the L did so bad in the slalom and the braking after the upgrades :dw:. Definetly rethinking the drop beams now. I know that they used the regular f150 springs because they didn't want it too low, and that is the same boat I'm in. Really smoked the 454 (literally) in the donut contest though :dancenana:

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
:nonono:yeah , I just think there dyno numbers and track times are really sad. esp for rebuilding a 454 and a turbo on a 351windsor, 300rwhp, I make that + with a n/a 306ci h/c/i

BLUE OVAL NUT

RAGING PONYCAR DRIVER
Established Member
:( I'm also disappointed by the performance numbers (Horsepower/Torque)for the Lightning, but i have no real knowledge about rear mounted turbo applications. The Lightning not being able to hook well even with the drag radials played a major roll in the 1/8 mile numbers. The key to doing well in the 1/8 mile of course is your initial launch ,without that the numbers will seem slow. The braking and handling is subpar also, i would have thought more time would have been taken to have a better combination of both braking and handling components. JMO

SuperSnakeI

Established Member
Y'all must have missed the show where he replaced the Lightning front coil springs with a set of F150 coil springs which affected the handling.

fordfx497

Established Member
:nonono:yeah , I just think there dyno numbers and track times are really sad. esp for rebuilding a 454 and a turbo on a 351windsor, 300rwhp, I make that + with a n/a 306ci h/c/i

the final numbers for the lightning were 330hp and 389tq to the ground, that was after the fuel pump change, i got the info from lightningrodder.com.... thats where kevin hangs out!

silveraider

Established Member
i went to that show it was like an hour and a half away from where i live .. it was truck weekend at london..

Users who are viewing this thread