Trucks on Spike TV today

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Im pretty sure they meant flywheel horsepower. My money is the Lightning will make more hp and tq. Turbos on V8s make some awesome torque. I want to see a 1/4 race though, I think it will be close.

JedWele

aka "boostfiend"
Established Member
Yeah I am curious on the outcome , I knew once they put the heads on the 454 its going to put out a lot of horsey's , the stock truck heads flowed horrible. And really if you think about it 450 horse at the crank is still slightly less then 1 horse per cubic inch.

Hopefully they run enough boost on the turbo lightning to make enough power, probably need 10 lb's or more.

jeffs

Established Member
Defineately two very cool trucks, I'd love to own either, Imagine pulling up to a newer gen lightning and possibly handing them their arse with a modded gen 1. I bet if they get boost above 8 psi on that 5.8 it will belt out over 400 rwhp and possibly 450/500 rwtq. What's everyone elses guess. I'm also counting on that Bowtie to kick some tail as well though.

jdlightning33

Established Member
personaly i cant see the lightning making that much over 400/500 but we will c...i do expect the 454 to lay down some serious tq though

scootro

Established Member
:shrug::cuss::bash::mj::cryying::fm: STILL NO LIGHTNING V 454SS SHOOTOUT WHAT GIVES??????????

you know how these shows work!!! it's first the few teaser shows and then you get the rest at the end of the season.

they have to do allot of work on these trucks while filming and then after editing and allot of other hands on stuff it gets delivered to the network for airing.

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
I can't beleive its taking this long for the final episode! I'm dying to see what these trucks will put down.

BLUE OVAL NUT

RAGING PONYCAR DRIVER
Established Member
you know how these shows work!!! it's first the few teaser shows and then you get the rest at the end of the season.

they have to do allot of work on these trucks while filming and then after editing and allot of other hands on stuff it gets delivered to the network for airing.
:cryying: I know that you are right but i'm impatient !!! lol
:whine:

Users who are viewing this thread