Truck tires

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
What do people like? I have dura tracs and have always liked bfg tkos. I am thinking of Nitto Trail Grapplers. What do you recommend?

Thanks

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
What is the truck used for? I have always liked Michelins
Mostly on road although I get 6-8 ft of snow where I am at. I am going with an off road/mud terrain tire, just wondering brand/model.

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
Nitto Terra Grapplers here, second set. Good handling and mileage, decent noise level. 'Course we don't get much snow down here in Florida.

*edit F250 scsb daily driver.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I have had bad luck with BFG on my personal truck with fast dry rot and belt separations on multiple sets. I bought cepek mud terrains and had them siped. They work better than the Audi on blizacks on ice and packed snow, plus they will work well on deep snow. Decent street manners with a 3ply sidewall and fairly quiet, no louder than duratracs with decent wear. I would buy them again. I have spent good money on BFG , Goodyear, Michelin’s and will keep with the cepek sand Mickey thompson truck tires for now

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have the Goodyear Duratracs on my SuperDuty. They are 315/70/16. They come in at 35" tall.
I use the truck to plow my 600' driveway in the winter. It is an absolute animal in the snow. Part of that is the truck has Torsen differentials front and rear so all 4 wheels are providing traction. The truck weighs 7,800 lbs empty. With the plow on the front and an extra 4-500 lbs added to the rear in the winter, I have close to 9,000 lbs on 4 tires. Needless to say it has traction.
I tow my 24' enclosed trailer with the race car in the summer. The tires are not noisy at all, even at highway speeds.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
i have had bad experiences with Goodyears and BFG's, wouldn't buy either of them again. I have not tried the Nitto's yet but they may be the next set on my F150.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I have nitto ridge grapplers they’re awesome in bad weather and look great. My truck is an absolute ****ing beast in the snow

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I liked my Hankook Dynapro ATs, just replaced them at 70k miles with the AT2s.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
what do you plan on doing with the truck? Don’t get Nitto trail unless you wanna look like you go off road but really don’t.... lol

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I just went with General ATx on my 15 screw...i like em a lot
Had bfg tkos...they wore like shit and i didnt like them in the rain, last set were michilins...they were solid overall but sorta noisy

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Mostly on road although I get 6-8 ft of snow where I am at. I am going with an off road/mud terrain tire, just wondering brand/model.
sounds like you just want an aggressive looking tire without actually wanting to do off road with it... in that case I would not do a mud terrain... maybe a hybrid such as the Toyo Open Country R/T or Nitto Ridge Grap. Or a good all terrain... I had great luck with Falken Wildpeak AT3W (especially in snow), I know have K02s and they are great as well but have not tested them in snow so don’t know about that.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Falken Wildpeak AT3s are my favorite out of all the AT tires I've owned. They aren't loud, wear nicely, don't turn into rock launchers and provide great traction in all conditions I've been in.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Just put the second set of Ridge Grapplers 295/60r20 on my Denali HD today, love those tires. They are quiet on highway, grip well on the beach, and tow really well, haven't had them in real snow yet.

SilverStreak02

Established Member
I had BFG K02’s and Nitto RidgeGrapplers on my Raptor. The BFG’s were quieter than the Nitto’s and handled the snow a little bit better, but I had three BFG’s that were out of round and never felt good about them.

I currently have Goodyear Wrangler Territory AT’s on my TRX. I love them on the road. Noise wise they are similar to the RidgeGrapplers. I have yet to run them on snow though. (Just got the TRX In June) They do handle rain and my country roads real well though.

Users who are viewing this thread