Troubleshooting 101

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Hot tip for you guys with aftermarket headers from personal experience:

Oct '02 I got an SES light that scanned as bank 1 lean. af few days later the passenger side header gasket blew. At the same time the light and code repeated.

Flash forward to about a week or so ago. I tripped an SES light for bank 2 lean. The car seemed off but the code cleared. Yesterday the drivers side header gasket blew. Again at the same time the light and code repeated.

Moral of story: If your car scanns for bank 1 lean check your passenger side header bolts and gasket before it's too late. If it scanns for bank 2 lean check the drivers side. OBTW Ford service blamed the Densacharger and wanted to replace my MAF :bash: . I'm getting pretty good at this now. Only took 2 hrs this time to take down th offending header and replace the gasket :lol:

jonas

Established Member
Ford service blamed the Densacharger and wanted to replace my MAF

Typical ford tech, blame the bolton.

To be honest I would of thought the same at first glance too before hearing the exhaust leak:shrug:

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
What tool are u using to check on the which pistons are causing the lean?

The base hobby shop has a scanner loaded with the 2003 data files for public use. Not sure of the type. It's kind of big, about the size of a textbook and can interface with just about any car if that help in the identification.

Users who are viewing this thread