Trouble with AEM wideband data in LiveLink

Chris F

No More JDM
Established Member
Hi all,

I installed an AEM wideband (P/N 30-0300) last weekend and am trying to use it data logging with SCT Live Link. I have the white wire from the AEM harness (analog out) tied to the orange wire (analog in) on the fire wire cable for the SCT X4. Then I have the black (ground) for the AEM tied in with the black and blue on the fire wire and grounded under the dash.

The gauge in the car reads totally fine, but when I data log, the orange analog-in is constantly reading above 4.50V regardless of what the AFR is showing on the gauge. It is a 0-5V signal, so I should be seeing around 3.0V at idle.

What am I missing here? Is it not wired correctly? Please help! This is driving me crazy.

Thanks,

Chris

stang910

Established Member
Not sure about the orange and blue wires because I never used them. Move your white AEM wire to the red and only ground the black and see what that does for you.

RacerXHG

13mm or 1/2in???
Established Member
When you’re ready to start lo logging, there’s a drop down menu for analog equations, I believe the AEM is: (v*2)+10. Select that for the right analog in and your WB data should be spot in.

Chris F

No More JDM
Established Member
Okay, I figured it out. On the AEM there is a black ground wire, the white is your analog in, and you also have to wire in the brown analog -, which contradicts all of the videos I’ve seen. Works great now!

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Okay, I figured it out. On the AEM there is a black ground wire, the white is your analog in, and you also have to wire in the brown analog -, which contradicts all of the videos I’ve seen. Works great now!

Thought this would be another "I can't figure out the formula" post. Glad you worked it out.

Joe5.0

Established Member
You GROUND the brown wire or you I wire it in with the white AEM wire to the SCT FireWire?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread