Trouble w/ MM&FF & 5.0 subscription . . .

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Hey folks, I know a lot of you subscribe to MM & FF and 5.0 mags and I'm wondering has anyone else had the following issues ( and how it got resolved )?

So back in February ( yeah FEBRUARY, it was a Valentines gift ) my wife ordered me a one year subscription deal to each mag for the "low, low price of $25". At the time she was told it would take 6 - 8 weeks to start receiving the mags. Well March and April passed and nothing so my wife called and was told, "Yeah, sometimes it can take as much as 10 - 12 weeks". So we waited and I finally received one ( 1! ) of each mag the first week of May.

. . . all good now, right? Uhm, No!

So June passes no mags, and then beginning of July passes w/ no mags so the second week of July ( July 9th to be exact ) I call and talk to a customer service rep who tells me that somehow there's no apartment # associated w/ the subscription and frankly I must've received the first two mags by blind luck . . .

So I give her my apt # and verify that the rest of my address info is correct and the rep I'm speaking to says that she will send out the current months issue which I should be receiving in 10 days AND she would re-start my subscription from the beginning of July.

. . . pretty good right? Of course not!

I still haven't received jack three weeks later and I'm not betting I'll get anything next month either! Frankly I'd just write it off as another piss-ant company I need not deal w/ anymore except:

1. My wife already paid for this product and we've received 1/12 of what was promised
2. Frankly I'm jonesin' for my Mustang dirt and I don't want to go back to paying news stand prices as long as I presumably bought and paid subscription

So I'm just curious if anyone else here has experienced this delivery issue and how you might have resolved it as such?

oldmodman

Established Member
Yes.

But not with MM&FF.
They have always arrived on time and in good condition.

However, my 5.0 MUSTANGS & SUPER FORDS has arrived with the covers half ripped off or worse. My August issue I only got the cover. The rest of the mag was gone. i called them up right away and was supposed to get a replacement issue right away. it still has not arrived. Even though the September issue arrived right on time.

REX-RACER

Established Member
However, my 5.0 MUSTANGS & SUPER FORDS has arrived with the covers half ripped off or worse. My August issue I only got the cover. The rest of the mag was gone. i called them up right away and was supposed to get a replacement issue right away. it still has not arrived. Even though the September issue arrived right on time.

Heh, that would piss me off even more than getting nothing! That's like a poke in the eye, "Hey, look at all this neat stuff you didn't get!!!"

I would call and complain more and I probably will but I work 10+ hours a day and my wife and I are in the process of designing/building a home so this isn't high on the list of priorities. In fact the only time I really think about it is the moment I'm pulling the mail out of the box and there's no magazine yet again, or when I'm sitting on the can and thinking, "Gee it sure would be nice to have something to read!"

:fm::mj::cuss:

fast ford brian

Established Member
Had issues with them in the past . Like my magazines coming almost a full month after my friends did . Call enough and someone will fix it .

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Maybe someone is taking em out of the mail

Sent with my Massive Johnson

tistan

Established Member
MM&FF has missed a month or two during my subscription. Last time I subscribed to 5.0, I had a two year sub and they quit sending me magazines after 5 months.

REX-RACER

Established Member
Just an ironic update to this story, still no magazines but on Wednesday of this past week I received a renewal notification . . . "Sign up for three years at the low, low price of $60!"

Nice poke in the eye there!

I did call customer service again and the rep I spoke to said all the same things, "We'll verify your address and restart your subscription, blah, blah, blah . . . "

Users who are viewing this thread