Trouble codes p2107 & p2112 throttle body issues

Cobrav

Established Member
We'll I got these codes the other day they are throttle actuator control module processor & throttle actuator control system stuck closed, anyone ever had this problem or know how to fix it, I have the 2.8 mammoth stage 3 kit the throttle body is 75 mm on a 2012 shelby gt500 . Any advice would be appreciated

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Make sure there is no leaks or issues on your CAI. Make sure ALL connections are back in place. If you installed the electronics, test the blades and make sure they open and close properly,

Also make sure your voltage for that TB is correct and the TPS is set correctly .

Last make sure your tune is correct.

Last edited:

Cobrav

Established Member
Thanks Ninjak I tested the voltage the other day it was at .7 or so & I called kenne bell & they told me that there set lower than stock so I just sent it in to see if it might be dis functional , they also told me that it happens when water gets in there but I never wash the engine bay with water.

Van@RevanRacing

A not so common issue is servo motor failure. You can get an OEM Throttle Body from Ford Racing for about $130 plus shipping. Replace your servo motor and clean the brass gears inside while you're at it. The servo motor has failed on occasion on many different throttle body's and not just Kenne Bell. This could quickly and easily solve your problem.

Quick test is to drive the car until the code goes off. Usually the car is already hot. The servo motor is encased in a cylinder on the side of the throttle on the right side of the throttle. If it is too hot to touch to the point that it will burn you then that is a very good indicator that the servo motor is toast.

I hope that helps and resolves your issue.

Van

Last edited:

Poisonous West

Established Member
"Also make sure your voltage for that TB is correct and the TPS is set correctly."

HI Ninjak, I know you have the BPS 73mm TB, what is the voltage on your TB reading now?

I am not sure about the factory spec. reading of the TB voltage. I checked mine stock TB and I got 1.17V reading.

I am in the middle of setting my TB voltage on my custom 70mm Twin Jet TB.

If I remember correctly, I read somewhere said the TB voltage should be at 1.26 - 1.28. But the 1.26 - 1.28V is for stock TB, not aftermarket TB. Is that correct?

Also, you mentioned the "TPS is set correctly", how do you set the TPS?

Last edited:

Ninjak

Established Member
"Also make sure your voltage for that TB is correct and the TPS is set correctly."

HI Ninjak, I know you have the BPS 73mm TB, what is the voltage on your TB reading now?

I am not sure about the factory spec. reading of the TB voltage. I checked mine stock TB and I got 1.17V reading.

I am in the middle of setting my TB voltage on my custom 70mm Twin Jet TB.

If I remember correctly, I read somewhere said the TB voltage should be at 1.26 - 1.28. But the 1.26 - 1.28V is for stock TB, not aftermarket TB. Is that correct?

Also, you mentioned the "TPS is set correctly", how do you set the TPS?

Ok this is what I do to set the TPS.

1. Use your volt reader and set it to 20v.
2. Put the black lead on the battery negative side.
3. Turn your car to on(do not start) and put your positive on the lowest wire, (green & yellow I believe.) on the TPS harness.

It should now give you a reading. From here, use the screw on your TB. Loosen it and the reading should change. Depending on the TB the adjustment screws may be different but when you turn it you will see the number go up or go down. Once you have it where you want it, tighten and double check your voltage.

I have my TB set at 129 for the BPS unit, and 124 for my Ford CJ unit.
WHile learning this, I have found that there are two different type of TPS sensors. One is rounded and the other is squared. I have been told the rounded TPS like voltage in the 124~126 range, and the square adjust better at the 1.18~up range. Now my BPS TB has the rounded, so its at 129 per BPS telling me t adjust at that voltage. My CJ runs just fine at its current setting.

Hope this helped, and I am sure more experienced people can chime in if I muddied a few things up in the explanation.

Van@RevanRacing

Do not adjust or attempt to adjust the TPS sensor on a Kenne Bell Throttle Body without the consent and/or permission of Kenne Bell or you will void any warranty you might possibly have on the throttle body. I only mention this as the OP has a Kenne Bell Throttle body and I don't want him to jeopardize any possible warranty that might exist on his throttle body.

Poisonous West

Established Member
Ok this is what I do to set the TPS.

1. Use your volt reader and set it to 20v.
2. Put the black lead on the battery negative side.
3. Turn your car to on(do not start) and put your positive on the lowest wire, (green & yellow I believe.) on the TPS harness.

It should now give you a reading. From here, use the screw on your TB. Loosen it and the reading should change. Depending on the TB the adjustment screws may be different but when you turn it you will see the number go up or go down. Once you have it where you want it, tighten and double check your voltage.

I have my TB set at 129 for the BPS unit, and 124 for my Ford CJ unit.
WHile learning this, I have found that there are two different type of TPS sensors. One is rounded and the other is squared. I have been told the rounded TPS like voltage in the 124~126 range, and the square adjust better at the 1.18~up range. Now my BPS TB has the rounded, so its at 129 per BPS telling me t adjust at that voltage. My CJ runs just fine at its current setting.

Hope this helped, and I am sure more experienced people can chime in if I muddied a few things up in the explanation.

Thanks Ninjak for the inf. I did NOT know there are 2 type of the TPS sensor (round and square).

Can you psot a picture of your BPS TB shown the round TPS sensor. Thanks.

Ninjak

Established Member
Thanks Ninjak for the inf. I did NOT know there are 2 type of the TPS sensor (round and square).

Can you psot a picture of your BPS TB shown the round TPS sensor. Thanks.

I will look to see if I have any clear pics, if not I will get some. Basically the rear of the TPS. One is squared off, the other is oval or rounded in the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread