Trottle body install?

fangstang

Established Member
Guys, I should be recieving my BBK 62mm TB and BBK intake this week in the mail and have a few questions for you guys that have these mods. First, How do I go about installing the TB? Do I need to disconnect the battery first, then install? I assume its a straight foward install, and I'm pretty intuitive when it comes to installs. The intake is easy, just remove and replace. My car currently has a BBK o/r X-pipe; where do you expect me to be as far as HP after these mods?

P.S. I'm also getting a magnaflow catback.:thumbsup:

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
?

Let me know if ya want to sell your stock one? My cobra came with one installed, I wish I could give ya some good advice, but my idle isn't steady at cold startup and theres a hesitation when ya goose it. Best of luck.:burnout:

YELL-OSNAKE

Established Member
You can buy my stock one..I had 6000 miles on it when removed....I am keeping all my original parts...but for an oval bore, you need to grind the intake, the mod is not too user friendly for an everyday driver...very poor idle quality...sooooo, I had to buy a whole new upper intake for $629 from ford, which incidently came with a new throttle body, and sensors, etc on it. It made for a fast install.....Anyhow, that is why I have an EXTRA stock one.:)

YELL-OSNAKE

Established Member
P.S I also have an accufab OVAL bore tb for sale. this is NOT a good mod for the 99 & 01's but excellent for the 96-98. It is brand new with all of about 10 miles on it...costs $369 from shm.The intake is different on the 96-98, so you won't hinder the air bypass solenoid, which maintains idle, and prevents stalling when the butterflies are closed quickly. Ever wonder why when you rev your engine up to four grand, and let off the idle SLOWLY rpm's slowly float down to idle, this is the solenoid doing this. It is a good thing.

fangstang

Established Member
Thanks guys, but I already ordered mine and should have it here this week.

Users who are viewing this thread