Troponin's 2014 F150 build

BSB318

Established Member
Nice looking wheels and tires.

How tall are these tires ?

I know the factory ones are 31.90 inches tall.

Is that a softer compound tire ?

Is it possible the blower kits weight is making the front a little lower ?

Troponin

Established Member
Nice looking wheels and tires.

How tall are these tires ?

I know the factory ones are 31.90 inches tall.

Is that a softer compound tire ?

Is it possible the blower kits weight is making the front a little lower ?

I used a calculator to get a tire that is as close as possible to the stock height. This tire size is almost the same exact height. Where I am getting bitten is from the width.

Troponin

Established Member
Do a leveling kit and be done! :)

Yeah, I think that's my only option. The next issue is, WHICH ONE! Holy crap, there are tons. I want it done right, so I was thinking of doing something like a Bilstein, but, I have no idea which one is the best option. The 5100 looks pretty inexpensive, but honestly, I don't know the first thing about these different kits etc.

Zemedici

Established Member
We use pro comp stuff at my dealership for the fords and chevrolet next door uses rough country

mechanicboy

Established Member
Yea, some of the guys over there are dicks on the other forum because you want to do something that could have real world applications, like passing, compared to big rims or plastidipping which are useless.

raceme2

Established Member
I have a 14 FX4 355 locker. I did the Roush Stage 2, dealer installed of course. I also lowered it 3.5 in the front and 5 in the back. It made a very noticeable difference in traction (much needed) and handling. I also added a Roush exhuast. it is the dual outlet behind the right rear fender. Its loud very loud. But does sound good. I have put 11,000 miles on it since July with no problems. I also have a 14 Shelby GT 500. I am such a lucky guy to have two awesome toys that put alot of smiles on my face. Got stuck driving in heavy snow, put it in 4wd. Another fun ride.

Troponin

Established Member
I have a 14 FX4 355 locker. I did the Roush Stage 2, dealer installed of course. I also lowered it 3.5 in the front and 5 in the back. It made a very noticeable difference in traction (much needed) and handling. I also added a Roush exhuast. it is the dual outlet behind the right rear fender. Its loud very loud. But does sound good. I have put 11,000 miles on it since July with no problems. I also have a 14 Shelby GT 500. I am such a lucky guy to have two awesome toys that put alot of smiles on my face. Got stuck driving in heavy snow, put it in 4wd. Another fun ride.

Oh man, I wanted a GT500 so badly, but my wife and I were in the process of upgrading houses and were about to take up much higher payments. Wanted to go the safe route and take the lower payments, and just mod the coyote as money became available. I still think about "What if...", but I am pretty happy with the supercharged 5.0. I hear the custom tunes are pretty nuts compared to the ROUSH calibrations, so I am anxiously waiting to upgrade to the Phase 3, then going custom. At 600whp, it should be pretty amazing. Think I might need a single piece DS by that time too.

So far the truck is running good, but again, with the ROUSH calibrations, it's def WAY stronger than stock, but not near as strong as it could be. It's always fun to romp on it and that supercharger whines loudly as you pass the guy that THOUGHT his Hemi Ram was fast lol

02_Lightning

Established Member
FIrst page updated again. Installed nGauge

I wanted to comment on f150forum.com ... That place sucks. There is nothing worthwhile there and they have a bunch of ricer f150 idiots. Also, they have a seriously screwed up member named MGD. That is some hilljack dude that can't speak English and types in hillbilly. What jerk that person is. Also, 03f15012... That jerk is a piece of work too.

Troponin

Established Member
I wanted to comment on f150forum.com ... That place sucks. There is nothing worthwhile there and they have a bunch of ricer f150 idiots. Also, they have a seriously screwed up member named MGD. That is some hilljack dude that can't speak English and types in hillbilly. What jerk that person is. Also, 03f15012... That jerk is a piece of work too.

lol Tell us how you really feel!

Yeah, I don't post there too much anymore. I updated my build thread, talk to Mechanicboy when I have questions, but that's about it. Been a while since I chatted with him too though.

I got a bunch of crap for supercharging my truck and doing other things to it in one thread. Mods just let people act like asses and never stop it or say anything.

02_Lightning

Established Member
Funny story- that crap junk forum just banned me !!! Ha - what a joke. They were invaded by spammers and they took over. What a piss poor foum.

Troponin

Established Member
On the final stages of MPT tuning. The truck is an absolute beast. Waited almost 15,000 miles before doing this, but man, that ROUSH tuning is weaksauce compared to MPT's tuning! Everything from throttle response, to firmer and better shift points, to power in the entire RPM range. It actually snapped my neck back the first time I hit the throttle and I wasn't even WOT yet!. lol Was NOT expecting such instant power.

Users who are viewing this thread