Trip mileage doesn't work

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
:cryying: Have any of you guys had the problem I'm having? I just replaced my instrument cluster bezel and lens assembly a few days ago, and when I drove it, the trip mileage didn't register. I had reset the mileage when putting the new bezel on, and that worked fine. I took it out again this morning to see if something was mis-aligned, but looks okay. Am putting it back in now. This is the "35th Anniversary" bezel (pewter color) that replaces the '94 - '03 Mustang bezel. To see my LINK to the upgrade, go to:
http://users2.ev1.net/~w8368/mustang.htm
Cick on "Mustang Cobra Area."

Dan

svt98cbra

Established Member
same problem

Dano, hello, I have the same bezel in my cobra, it looks pretty sweet. I have run into the same problem, but just left it alone. I was going to take it off and try to reseat it, but havent got around to it yet.

Rich

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
:rolleyes: Hi Rich ... Did you buy your bezel from Performance Parts? I just finished putting mine back in, took it for a test drive, and STILL no trip mileage! I looked hard at the shaft of the reset button. There doesn't seem to be anything special about it. The reset button pushes a small lever inside the cluster, and causes the number wheels to go to zero. I could see them moving when I pushed in on the button. I'm thinking that the reset lever part that's built into the bezel may have a different travel, or width, and it's necessary to install the old lever into the new bezel. I can't think of anyone to ask about this.
If you ever come up with a fix, please E-mail me.

Thanks,
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread