Trinity VS GEN2 data???

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I'm not really sure why there are "sides". It's like people are attacking VMP. They aren't hiding anything the thing just came out. Everyone should be thanking them for bringing out new products.

Dont think anyone is "attacking" anyone....I think people who own these cars need to get thicker skin lots of butt hurt in the GT500 forum lately ....evident by the Holy mother of God my belt frayed thread lmao.

And btw if you guys were at MIR and witnessed me trying to help VMP racer Rick Kakanese with his car after his car failed to run due to a electrical issue thats hardly someone who has a vendetta. Im team HP ...as are most who want to see the data, regardless of what the people browsing this forum think.

Im different than most GT500 owners as evident by how I have modded my car...im max effort jyst like Justin posted. Last summer i ran a VMP TVS and was chomping on the 2.8/2.9 twinscrew boys asses at the track...my car even convinced a few people to buy VMP products. So i dont get why asking for info and data is such a big damn deal. Would be different if I never tried their product and didnt put money in their pockets.

Last edited:

devilish64

Established Member
I'm not really sure why there are "sides". It's like people are attacking VMP. They aren't hiding anything the thing just came out. Everyone should be thanking them for bringing out new products.

With all due respect... I think that if they want to effectively SELL their GEN 2 that it absolutely is their responsibility to compare their new supercharger to other superchargers on the market. I agree with what Jay is saying..... allot of people will blindly follow certain companies..... ive done it before and have been burned on shitty parts(NOT VMP). Now I make a point to look @ data and peoples experiences with products before I buy them.... this blower is so new that the data is just not there yet. For me..... the Trinity blower is just too close to the flow of the GEN 2 without the actual data comparing the two, too justify the cost of the upgrade for me.

FORDMAN GT500

Established Member
Team HP. I like that. With my 8 second PUMP GAS 79 notch street car I just sold it was team SHIT KICKER .
I bought a twin 67mm vmp throttle body with the intention of buying a gen2 just 2 weeks ago. The purpose of the gen 2 is to take back the crown that the trinity has been wearing lately plain and simple. Im am on no sides yet. I will be on the winning team though if I dont decide to go with a bigger unit soon. That 2.8lc is calling me.LOL . I cant wait to see more info on monday to help further my decision process. Will I have a brand new 67mm for sale soon is the question . or will i buy a new dual 73mm from bps or a 75mm that comes with the KB

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Lol. This thread is starting to deliver. Well I am on Team ENGINEERING. Yes call me a geek..I really do not care...considering you would probably think twice if you saw me in person....Anywho, I am interested in the aspect of how this has come together, what benefits it will have, what was changed to achieve said benefits, and how it will affect growth and products for the future. And sure, how much power and what can it do for me ? Safely of course.

I take this approach on anything and everything I purchase. I want to see the numbers and how they were achieved. I ran VMP gear for a pretty good stretched. I just recently switched to my setup. Why ? It was data that showed I could do more with what I had. It was beneficial, and not cost consuming. Now I will look at these numbers and I will digest and see what it is.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
With all due respect... I think that if they want to effectively SELL their GEN 2 that it absolutely is their responsibility to compare their new supercharger to other superchargers on the market. I agree with what Jay is saying..... allot of people will blindly follow certain companies..... ive done it before and have been burned on shitty parts(NOT VMP). Now I make a point to look @ data and peoples experiences with products before I buy them.... this blower is so new that the data is just not there yet. For me..... the Trinity blower is just too close to the flow of the GEN 2 without the actual data comparing the two, too justify the cost of the upgrade for me.

It doesn't seem like they are having trouble selling them. I've never seen another supercharger asked to be compared to EVERYTHING the second it comes out

Ok what are the dyno numbers in December with an 8mph , 53 degree wind blowing directly into the bay with the car on the dyno, with every possible throttle body and every possible upper and lower pulley ..... Guys get real. People will post up results just chill out.

If you don't want one don't buy one. Or just wait until the data is out from guys putting them on. I'm not trying to attack anyone I'm just saying its not vmp's Job to Give you an exact number for your specific set up

Last edited:

upnorthguy

Established Member
Codyk7 what are you running on your car? You seem to have lots of comments and opinions but I would like to know what your running and your
experience you have with a TVS. Or maybe you need to move a long.

Poisonous West

Established Member
Come guys, chill out - just a blower. No need to beat each other. It's not like if your comment beat everyone here you will get a VMP Gen II TVS for free or a highly modify (cut, weld, port) BPS TVS with BPS's over size high flow elbow for free.

I guess we all can blame the SVT editor taking so long to publish the part II article.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
Codyk7 what are you running on your car? You seem to have lots of comments and opinions but I would like to know what your running and your
experience you have with a TVS. Or maybe you need to move a long.

Why don't you take a look at my signature smart ass. See where it says 2014 trinity supercharger.... Maybe you should have a big cup a gtfo with your 28 posts.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If you are looking for the ultimate TVS powered GT500 setup, say no more, I think you'll have found it after you read the article in the morning.

If you're looking to amp up your street car with the latest and greatest we can do that too, at a competitive price for the performance/warranty/support package we offer.

There are other good products out there from KB, Whipple, Ford Racing, BPS. We offer our own VMP flavor and that works great for us and our customers. We're here to show you whats possible, and help you a long the way with your build. We're not hear to undermine or berate people that make other good products.

Last edited:

TVS VERT

Established Member
If you are looking for the ultimate TVS powered GT500 setup, say no more, I think you'll have found it after you read the article in the morning.

If you're looking to amp up your street car with the latest and greatest we can do that too, at a competitive price for the performance/warranty/support package we offer.

There are other good products out there from KB, Whipple, Ford Racing, BPS. We offer our own VMP flavor and that works great for us and our customers. We're here to show you whats possible, and help you a long the way with your build. We're not hear to undermine or berate people that make other good products.

Justin.....awesome job on the article and data collected on both superchargers....looks like the new gen2 is a well engineered piece. I have to ask the question do they it was a fair comparison though? Reason I say that is obviously by the boost charts the trinity is experiencing boost fade in the upper rpm where the gen 2 continues to make steam with no boost fall off. I think a ported trinity and plenum would have been a better comparison maybe ? I'm not talking all out cutted/welded and ported trinitys like the very select few guys use ......but anyways this is just my honest opinion your 03-04 cobra tvs served me very well on my cobras, not being a trinity cheerleader or anything here as my shelby has a Whipple on it......I just think this comparison was a middleweight vs a welterweight.

But all in all massive #'s from the gen2

Congrats

Dan

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Dan I think its a fair comparison as they are offering a replacement for trinity blowers for the 13/14 crowd as well as the 07-12 guys.

I am curious about timing settings for each setup though thats the only bit of data left out of the article....everything thing else was well documented.

Last edited:

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
I think it's fair too. The majority of 07-12 guys aren't porting the trinity's and very few 13-14 guys are pulling off brand new blowers and porting them.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I think it's fair too. The majority of 07-12 guys aren't porting the trinity's and very few 13-14 guys are pulling off brand new blowers and porting them.

Im sure in due time we will see a Gen2 vs Max effort Trinity shoot out whether dyno or track. I know Sylvain made 850rwhp on VMPs dyno at MIR when Jim Larocca was touching up his tune for Saturday's testing with slicks on the back thats a big number....9.0 @ 153mph is the current production shelby Powered by a TVS record.

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Interesting article for sure. The Gen2 does push that air around ! I to was wondering what the timing value was for all of the tests.

Even so, the GEN2 really laid down some impressive numbers exp on E85. Though i would not do a E85 setup, I was interested in what it did on pump 93 as that is what I run in my vehicle.

Edit: Interesting that the 14 only laid down 662/678 with the stage 4 kit. I already know that this should have been on 93 which is the premium we run here in S. FL. I would have thought it would do a little more as the stage 4 kit is similar to the 13/6 kit Revan racing offers, and most of those cars dyno in the 700's.

At anyrate the GEN2 does look like it will get the job done. Waiting to see it run at the track now :) A nod and tip of my hat to VMP. Excellent work.

Last edited:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Interesting article for sure. The Gen2 does push that air around ! I to was wondering what the timing value was for all of the tests.

Even so, the GEN2 really laid down some impressive numbers exp on E85. Though i would not do a E85 setup, I was interested in what it did on pump 93 as that is what I run in my vehicle.

Edit: Interesting that the 14 only laid down 662/678 with the stage 4 kit. I already know that this should have been on 93 which is the premium we run here in S. FL. I would have thought it would do a little more as the stage 4 kit is similar to the 13/6 kit Revan racing offers, and most of those cars dyno in the 700's.

At anyrate the GEN2 does look like it will get the job done. Waiting to see it run at the track now :) A nod and tip of my hat to VMP. Excellent work.

Heat. The car had previously dyno'd at 690-something and 700+ torque. If I recall correctly it was 585 or so stock.

bj

FORDMAN GT500

Established Member
Congrats on a stout piece !! Will the Gen 2 take a bigger throttle body than the 67mm ? Say 73or 75 mm ? Im sure that wont hurt numbers if it did. I understand you guys were testing your stuff

Users who are viewing this thread