Trinity VS GEN2 data???

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Nothing posted yet....any updates. You guys released the numbers of the GEN 1 vs GEN2 quickly pretty surprised the data hasn't been released yet...might help sell more blowers for those on the fence.

BMR Tech

Pretty sure it will be coming out very soon.

Just curious, what is a "good" power output (both rwhp and rwtq) on a solid performing Trinity set-up, on E85? (stock motor)

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Setups vary but on a 07-12 ive seen 640-700 with bolt ons with a Trinity on mild boost no porting on a Mustang Dyno.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
You'll be blown away when you see the results. Steve is out of town and I have been too so the article is a little behind.

I will say that the trinity we were testing on sounded awesome when we switched to E85, the exhaust tune got deeper.

ThomasL

Established Member
You'll be blown away when you see the results. Steve is out of town and I have been too so the article is a little behind.

I will say that the trinity we were testing on sounded awesome when we switched to E85, the exhaust tune got deeper.

YEP! :rolling:

1320 Junkie

Established Member

I will say that the tminty we were testing on sounded awesome when we switched to E85, the exhaust tune got deeper.

You guys gained 50hp according to BJ's thread over the Gen 1 which I have personally seen dyno 30-40hp less than a stock trinity at same boost level. So im curious how the stock TVS faired against the Gen 2.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
You guys gained 50hp according to BJ's thread over the Gen 1 which I have personally seen dyno 30-40hp less than a stock trinity at same boost level. So im curious how the stock TVS faired against the Gen 2.

We saw un-ported trinity make 10-20hp over Gen1 in some cases, i think 30-40hp is overstating or looking at ported numbers. The Gen2 did great compared to trinity, it will certainly be a tougher choice, but its an upgrade none the less if you want to stick with the reliability and monster TQ of the TVS.

JimIII@jdm

We dynoed a Ford Racing TVS Gen 1 on a Cobra Jet (came on the car from FRPP) with twin 63.5mm legal NHRA throttle body and CJ 123mm air intake. Then we swapped to the Trinity blower with the exact same pulley ratio (2.913 upper and ATI 15% OD lower) made the same boost, and made literally less than 1 HP difference! We saw NO gain between the Gen 1 FRPP TVS and Trinity. That being said I can't wait to test a Gen II VMP TVS in our shop! We currently hold the fastest and most powerful 3V TVS supercharged Mustang on the planet and Fastest GT500/Cobra Jet TVS car on the planet. Needless to say we have tested alot of TVS combinations.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
We dynoed a Ford Racing TVS Gen 1 on a Cobra Jet (came on the car from FRPP) with twin 63.5mm legal NHRA throttle body and CJ 123mm air intake. Then we swapped to the Trinity blower with the exact same pulley ratio (2.913 upper and ATI 15% OD lower) made the same boost, and made literally less than 1 HP difference! We saw NO gain between the Gen 1 FRPP TVS and Trinity. That being said I can't wait to test a Gen II VMP TVS in our shop! We currently hold the fastest and most powerful 3V TVS supercharged Mustang on the planet and Fastest GT500/Cobra Jet TVS car on the planet. Needless to say we have tested alot of TVS combinations.

Ya know, Jim, I know a guy that can hook ya up. ;)

Seriously, you'll love this thing.

bj

1320 Junkie

Established Member
We saw un-ported trinity make 10-20hp over Gen1 in some cases, i think 30-40hp is overstating or looking at ported numbers. The Gen2 did great compared to trinity, it will certainly be a tougher choice, but its an upgrade none the less if you want to stick with the reliability and monster TQ of the TVS.

Ill get the dyno info tomorrow night. I worked on both cars and my tuner tuned both last summer a week apart vmp Gen1 made 612...trinity made 646 corrected on a Mustang Dyno. Both had Jlt 123's and CJ65's and slight exhaust work..no longtubes...both on pump gas...both on 2.6" uppers stock lowers.

Last edited:

jml1521

Established Member

What was the pulley combo you used for the testing?

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
Ill get the dyno info tomorrow night. I worked on both cars and my tuner tuned both last summer a week apart vmp Gen1 made 612...trinity made 646 corrected on a Mustang Dyno. Both had Jlt 123's and CJ65's and slight exhaust work..no longtubes...both on pump gas...both on 2.6" uppers stock lowers.

You should be doing the comparison on the same car, I bet if you swapped blowers between the 2 cars the numbers would favor the VMP.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
You should be doing the comparison on the same car, I bet if you swapped blowers between the 2 cars the numbers would favor the VMP.

Really? And how did you arrive at this conclusion?

Theres zero difference in mods..vmp gen 1 was on a 2012 and trinity was on a 09. matter of fact the trinity had a STOCK pulley which is 2.675" to the VMP 2.6" so if anything the VMP gen 1 had more rotor speed. I have hard data to back up anything I post on these forums I dont theorize...ive also owned and run a Gen 1 and ported the hell out of it which gained 42hp with ALOT of port work and Elbow straightening so ive had my hands on all of these blowers being discussed.

Matter of fact...I even offered to Run the Gen 2 on my car and do a swap right on the dyno against a fully worked TVS thats on my car....good ole fashioned shootout...Im all about data and I welcome the opportunity to test a Gen2 on a built motor such as mine...I think it would be cool. I even have a buddy who is in film school who I could get to video the whole process. :)

Last edited:

Stetler17

Established Member
Give it a rest man. Your motives are clear and I don't see other manufacturers clouding up the BPS threads. Extend the same curtesy.

And this is coming from someone who is undecided on which blower to buy, so no fanboy or alliances here. Don't make people shy from "your" choice with your actions.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Give it a rest man. Your motives are clear and I don't see other manufacturers clouding up the BPS threads. Extend the same curtesy.

And this is coming from someone who is undecided on which blower to buy, so no fanboy or alliances here. Don't make people shy from "your" choice with your actions.

Hmmmm I dont work for BPS....so......

And this is a discussion about data (I am the OP)....so if your not interested in it move along.

Last edited:

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I'm very interested in seeing even an unported trinity then a blower swap to a gen 2 on a upper only car with the same size pulleys. Most of us here are only doing a 2.4 upper on pump gas and that's the data many of us are wanting to see.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
Really? And how did you arrive at this conclusion?

Theres zero difference in mods..vmp gen 1 was on a 2012 and trinity was on a 09. matter of fact the trinity had a STOCK pulley which is 2.675" to the VMP 2.6" so if anything the VMP gen 1 had more rotor speed. I have hard data to back up anything I post on these forums I dont theorize...ive also owned and run a Gen 1 and ported the hell out of it which gained 42hp with ALOT of port work and Elbow straightening so ive had my hands on all of these blowers being discussed.

Matter of fact...I even offered to Run the Gen 2 on my car and do a swap right on the dyno against a fully worked TVS thats on my car....good ole fashioned shootout...Im all about data and I welcome the opportunity to test a Gen2 on a built motor such as mine...I think it would be cool. I even have a buddy who is in film school who I could get to video the whole process. :)

Simple, there are variables from car to car and it is not like you are using two consecutive cars off the same assembly line for comparison (even the same car will have variables that alter data). These comparisons are like comparing track numbers from two different tracks, they are both 1/4 mile in length why should we not accept the data as absolute? The best way to collect data and produce a valid argument is to use a large number of subjects for comparison and use the average value or better yet a mode value from each blower for your data.

PS- This is what BPS did when they did testing...

this is the initial results from testing
all runs at a local dyno shop, he is using a mustang dyno, great dyno but his, for some reason gives very low number even compared with other mustang dynos, same car on another local mustang dyno usually gets 10% better numbers
i didn`t care much about numbers, what i am looking for is comparison beetween blowers

the car used is a 2012 GT500 that already has a VMP TVS installed with a mild street tune

first run is with the VMP TVS but we swapped the pulley and are using the same 2.67 pulley as the stock 13 TVS
RWHP 562
RWTQ 562

second run is with a completely stock 13 TVS , stock 2.67 pulley
RWHP 561
RWTQ 572

third run is with a ported 13 TVS, stock 2.67 pulley
RWHP 572
RWTQ 577

all runs were done in the same condition (temps , iats ,barometric pressure were monitored to reduce the effect on the numbers) , we were swapping blowers on the dyno all testing was done within 2 hours

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread