Tri-Ax mod really worthwhile.....

SmithAtlanta

Established Member
I really want to push the shifter swap after installing a Tri-Ax this Sunday. It really made a huge difference. I used to hunt for the 2nd to 3rd shift and the 5th to 4th shift but now all shifts are extremely clean. I am glad that I made this my first mod and I would recommend the Tri-Ax to anyone. The install was straight forward. The only difficult part was removing the stock shifter from the transmission. I used a pry bar to do this. The results were worth the effort......

Now for the CAI and the exhaust.......

dmark101

dmark101
Established Member
awesome.

i'm still waiting for my tri-ax to show up. i've had the opportunity to drive a '99 cobra with the tri-ax for the T56 transmission. the shifts felt very solid and true. no uncertainty about getting into 2nd or 3rd.

you used a prybar to remove the stock shifter? whoa.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
That RTV they use from Ford sure is strong. I used a bar on my 96 & 97 when I changed them. I went with the Steeda on the later and was very happy with it. I like the Steeda shifter position much better than the Pro 5.0 Although, both offer outstanding performance.

SmithAtlanta

Established Member
I am still getting used to shifting with the Tri-Ax. I definitely like it better than the stock shifter. It does produce a good bit more noise but since I have a convertible, I don't notice the noise that much.

chrisilversvt

Established Member
i've got a pro 5.0 shifter in my 93 lx and it rules.....it almost shifts itself..i never miss third anymore....an aftermarket short throw shifter is definitely a worthwhile mod...

Topless In Tex

Established Member
TRI AX :)

I got a Steeda Tri-Ax too, put it in myself...Ive loved it!!!!!!!!! Took a few days to get used to, but that was QUITE a few months ago....I am REALLY happy w/ it!
Noticed lately for the last month or so, its hanging up alot going into 1st and reverse...my clutch is about 3 1/2 years old...Got 107,400 miles on my Verte...
Sometimes it takes 2 hands to get it into gear! any ideas?????
TNT

SmithAtlanta

Established Member
I sometimes have this problem when the car is cold....and my car is 5 months old.

It sounds like either your clutch is going or maybe the clutch cable needs to be adjusted. I bought a clutch quadrant / firewall adjuster and this has helped a little but I don't think the problem has anything to do with the shifter. If you do have to buy a clutch, I have heard that the king cobra clutch kit is a good product and alot of stangers use it......

Users who are viewing this thread