Tremor Sport Mode?

andymarkv

Established Member
I recently test drove a 2020 7.3 F250 XLT with 4.30 gears and while it felt really strong...it felt like it was lacking something?
I was wishing that it had a "Sport Mode" setting like my F150.
I see that the Tremors have a Sport mode and was curious if that is a "Tremor Only" feature?

Last edited:

andymarkv

Established Member
Sorry guys I didn't read enough! Looks like it is on all F250's. I wish I had known that, I would have tried it out!

andymarkv

Established Member
It was a really nice truck! I liked everything about it, but was a unusual combination, 7.3/10sp/4.30's regular cab long bed.
I will say my initial impression was incorrect because I went in with the wrong mind set. 7.3's are super strong, but obviously it is a 3/4 ton truck, not a Mustang/fast street car. Not its purpose.
It was pretty quick, but I think with the short factory tires, the 4.30's kept the 7.3 out of the meat of the powerband. I bet in this instance, it would have felt better from the butt dyno with 3.73's where you could use the 7.3 torque. It seemed a little out of breath because with the 4.30's and 10sp it basically sat at redline and shifted.
A tune that helps extend the RPM range or bigger tires to knock down the gearing a little would probably make it just about perfect. I'm sure it would be a pulling MF'er!
Definitely felt great cruising around and if the "sport mode" shift strategy is similar to the F150, it would feel even lighter on its feet.

andymarkv

Established Member
Sorry guys, I should have done more searching before posting.
Looks like "Sport mode" is available on all 2017-2020 F250-350 trucks (activated by pressing the Advancetrac button twice) and is just a reduced traction control setting in Advancetrac.
It is not the same as "sport mode" on an F150.
Mods, if there isn't enough Tremor content in this post, feel free to delete.

Users who are viewing this thread