tremec magnum xl

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
It might be something I can look at in the tune. I find it odd that now my CC only works in 6th gear so perhaps it's something to do with the gear calcs in the tune.

Darren mentioned the only reason for the gear changes in the tune is for torque management but perhaps it's more than that.

Maybe JPC can chime in and confirm what needs to be done to get it working in 4th and 5th gear.

So CC works for some people in 3rd gear only and works in 6th gear only for me. Considering the hardware is all the same, I have to believe it's something to do with the tune.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Im looking forward to my new tremec cant wait, this will be my last big mod ,my car will be complete....its come a long way since the day i drove it off the lot! And i will never forget the test drive that sold me this car! I was driving a 04 gt , and it was like night and day! I worked at the auto group where i bought it, and i almost bought a base gt, im glad i didnt! Anyway gotta get this cc issue addressed ... When I find something out i will post it!

Last edited:

BUCKET

Established Member
Mine would be in if I could get that b!tch to seat last 1/2 ". Gah. Been wrestling it about two hours now. Fun stuff on jack stands...

Everything is aligned with clutch. Like trying to slide thumb in dolphins butt

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Mine would be in if I could get that b!tch to seat last 1/2 ". Gah. Been wrestling it about two hours now. Fun stuff on jacks

Lol thats the exact problem I had. Do you have the bellhousing on motor or on transmission? If it's on motor, take it off and put it on the transmission slide them on together. I bet you it'll slide right in..

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Yep. Bell housing on motor. Well Sh!t

Svt forum to the rescue......good looking justinjor!!!!!!!

Yup, I think the bellhousing is just snug enough on transmission with where the transmission pump would be, that it just doesn't have enough room to go on. I wrestled with it for awhile before finally saying F it and pulled bellhousing off.. I put bellhousing on TRANSMISSION and literally within 15 seconds, transmission was stabbed.. it went on almost too easily I was a little nervous. lol good luck--keep me posted :banana:

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Im looking forward to my new tremec cant wait, this will be my last big mod ,my car will be complete....its come a long way since the day i drove it off the lot! And i will never forget the test drive that sold me this car! I was driving a 04 gt , and it was like night and day! I worked at the auto group where i bought it, and i almost bought a base gt, im glad i didnt! Anyway gotta get this cc issue addressed ... When I find something out i will post it!

You'll love it

Last edited:

BUCKET

Established Member
Wait. U pulled bell housing of motor and put it on trans then threw trans on motor correct?

Just making sure. Your last post said diff

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Wait. U pulled bell housing of motor and put it on trans then threw trans on motor correct?

Just making sure. Your last post said diff

Typed it wrong. Originally I had bellhousing on motor and tried to stab trans--it would get within 1/2" and stop.

I pulled bellhousing off motor and bolted it to transmission and it went on in about 15 seconds.

BUCKET

Established Member
Well I am out of light. So it's off to punish some liquor in defeat. Think losenening bell housing from motor then slamming trans in would work or it needs to come all the way off.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Well I am out of light. So it's off to punish some liquor in defeat. Think losenening bell housing from motor then slamming trans in would work or it needs to come all the way off.

I think it needs to come all the way off. You can try loosening it, but I don't think that will help. I wouldn't want that much movement around the clutch disks and stuff anyway.

What clutch did you go with?

BUCKET

Established Member
RXT. Clutch is aligned perfect. Even checked it few times, done manual and autos a bunch. Never had one fight me the last 1/2 like this. Oh well, I'll throw it tomorrow with bell housing on trans

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
My thoughts exactly.. transmission jobs aren't new to me but that last 1/2" was a bitch. lol Bellhousing mounted to trans was the key

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member

How bout some late night sqatching in the georgia woods, communing with bigfoot will help take your mind off it...lol

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I walk into the GA woods drunk, stumbling around they may take me in as one of their own.

Hahahahahaha. Rise and shine buddy! It's time to get that tranny job done!

No...not THAT kind of tranny...

BUCKET

Established Member
Justin, how you bleeding clutch? I tried to bench bleed throw out. That doesn't work or mines jack(doubt it) other than that, sun comes up I am throwing bell housing on trans and bench pressing a trans this morning

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Justin, how you bleeding clutch? I tried to bench bleed throw out. That doesn't work or mines jack(doubt it) other than that, sun comes up I am throwing bell housing on trans and bench pressing a trans this morning

Get r done!!

There's no bleeding the ford hydraulics. There is no bleed nipple or screw on the slave cylinder. You just have to pump the pedal 1.5 million times to get the air out. When I disconnect the line from the slave, though, I always throw a vacuum cap on the end to plug it and preserve as much fluid in the line as I can.

Users who are viewing this thread