tremec magnum xl

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Racing isnt even my concern. Realistically, I dont know how many track days I am going to do in the near future, I just want a reliable transmission that is strong enough to take a beating and puts a smile on my face when I am going through the gears. I dont drag race, so any aggressive use will be on a road course. I just don't want a annoying street drive.

Eric, can you swap the over-drive gears from the 2.94 into the 2.66. Extra cost?

Yep we can do it just adds a little bit to the delivery time since i have to take it apart.

its like 400 to do the swap

c_me_pass_u

Established Member
Is it true...once you put this trans in your car you will need taller gear because the mt82 had real close gears...and also when I do order a XL can I get it with similar gears as the mt82 or it's not worth it?-JC

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Is it true...once you put this trans in your car you will need taller gear because the mt82 had real close gears...and also when I do order a XL can I get it with similar gears as the mt82 or it's not worth it?-JC

No you cant get the tremec with similar gearing to the mt82.

You got the 2 selections

if the car is NA most likely you will need to add 4.10s or 4.30s to make the car rev as fast as it did with the MT82.

NA cars i would suggest the 2.97 1st gear thats similar to like a fox body or 99 cobra.

the 2.66 is like an 03 cobra or GT500

c_me_pass_u

Established Member
No you cant get the tremec with similar gearing to the mt82.

You got the 2 selections

if the car is NA most likely you will need to add 4.10s or 4.30s to make the car rev as fast as it did with the MT82.

NA cars i would suggest the 2.97 1st gear thats similar to like a fox body or 99 cobra.

the 2.66 is like an 03 cobra or GT500

Why about 5th and 6th what's that about? And sry for the the questions I just want to inform my self before I make a purchase in the near future

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Why about 5th and 6th what's that about? And sry for the the questions I just want to inform my self before I make a purchase in the near future

Two different ratio options are available:
2.66:1st 1.78:2nd 1.30:3rd 1.00:4th 0.74:5th 0.50:6th
2.97:1st 2.07:2nd 1.43:3rd 1.00:4th 0.80:5th 0.62:6th

Basically i can swap 5th and 6th around on either gear set for an additional charge since we have to take them apart to do it.

so if you want a 2.66 1st but want a .62 6th no problem

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I have no clunking guys, and Still have an mt-82, and I'm convinced that the clunking comes from the stock uca and the weak motor mounts. Once i replaced these things my clunking was gone. At this point my mt-82 has been working great. But if i ever decided to replace it i might go automatic with a stall speed!

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Love my Magnum--the thing is a beast. It's hard to describe but it's raw, visceral. I love everything about it so far.

The speedo box was kind of a bitch to get wired up correctly, especially when it is sent to you "pre calibrated for 2011+ t56magnum" only to find out the dip switches are set wrong. . . aside from that though, it works perfectly.

I love it

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Love my Magnum--the thing is a beast. It's hard to describe but it's raw, visceral. I love everything about it so far.

The speedo box was kind of a bitch to get wired up correctly, especially when it is sent to you "pre calibrated for 2011+ t56magnum" only to find out the dip switches are set wrong. . . aside from that though, it works perfectly.

I love it

I just ordered 1 yesterday, it will be installed by JPC, I'm getting 3:90s installed at the same time what gears do you have?

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I just ordered 1 yesterday, it will be installed by JPC, I'm getting 3:90s installed at the same time what gears do you have?

I ordered through jpc but installed myself. They were a pleasure to deal with. I placed my order on a Tuesday and had everything at my house by the following Wednesday. (8 days)

It currently has factory 3.73s but not for long. I'll be doing a gear swap soon

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I ordered through jpc but installed myself. They were a pleasure to deal with. I placed my order on a Tuesday and had everything at my house by the following Wednesday. (8 days)

It currently has factory 3.73s but not for long. I'll be doing a gear swap soon

Which gear ratio you going with? also does the tremec kit come with a new slave cylinder, or do you buy a new one, or reuse the stock 1?

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Which gear ratio you going with? also does the tremec kit come with a new slave cylinder, or do you buy a new one, or reuse the stock 1?

4:10. No it didnt come with a slave but i just reused mine since it only had 11k miles on it.

mhyjek

Established Member
Two different ratio options are available:
2.66:1st 1.78:2nd 1.30:3rd 1.00:4th 0.74:5th 0.50:6th
2.97:1st 2.07:2nd 1.43:3rd 1.00:4th 0.80:5th 0.62:6th

Basically i can swap 5th and 6th around on either gear set for an additional charge since we have to take them apart to do it.

so if you want a 2.66 1st but want a .62 6th no problem

Eric, can't you reprogram in a tune through sct instead of getting the calibration box?

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Eric, can't you reprogram in a tune through sct instead of getting the calibration box?

Supposedly you can but the OEM plug is a 3 wire, the Tremec is a 2 wire sensor. I'm not sure exactly how that would work.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Damn that's expensive. My slave has more than enough throw for the mcleod twin disk. In fact I need to put in a clutch pedal stop to keep from over extending it.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Damn that's expensive. My slave has more than enough throw for the mcleod twin disk. In fact I need to put in a clutch pedal stop to keep from over extending it.

I just found out that slave won't work but Eric at jpc said i can use a 2013/2014 gt-500 slave cylinder which is better then my current stock 1, just need to use spacers!

mhyjek

Established Member
Supposedly you can but the OEM plug is a 3 wire, the Tremec is a 2 wire sensor. I'm not sure exactly how that would work.
Wire a two plug sensor in place and tune it for a Gt500 trans in SCT, at least that was said on tremec magnum install on 2011 mustang on youtube I watched. Just wanted to know if it is that easy or do we need to spend the $170 for a box to do that?

Users who are viewing this thread