Traveling to Bay area- Help please

jshen

Established Member
I HAVE to go to upper California for a family issue and am coming from the deep ass south...Which airport is easiest to get to and out of by rental car...San Fran-X or Oakland....Thanks all.

oldmodman

Established Member
I used to fly into SF all the time. And that was during the big "lets make the damn airport look nice" construction project. I only flew into Oakland a couple of times and it always seemed crowded and a lot "less nice"

Never had any problems. I took the free van to the rental car area, got my car, and headed to the Dragstrip in Freemont to cover a race. Traffic was always pretty good. But I never went into the city unless it was for a fancy dinner or just to sightsee on my own time.

josephcostello

Established Member
What part of the Bay Area? I live in Los Altos by Mountain View/Palo Alto area and if I were you coming into the peninsula/sunnyvale/san jose area I would fly into sf. Anything else (north bay), than Oakland. Honestly not too far away from each other I would say go with the cheaper flight.

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
What part of the Bay Area? I live in Los Altos by Mountain View/Palo Alto area and if I were you coming into the peninsula/sunnyvale/san jose area I would fly into sf. Anything else (north bay), than Oakland. Honestly not too far away from each other I would say go with the cheaper flight.
This, this stands correct. Both are not stupid hard to get in/out of and whatever side of the bay area you are flying into.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I'd fly into San Jose if you can.. Easy to get in and out of, and it's nice. Centrally located as well.

scott_0

Established Member
few years ago, the wife and I landed in Oakland, was painless to the rental car and out

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Honestly its not going to make much a difference if you are heading north from the bay area. What part of CA are you heading to? You may want to look into flying into Sacramento too if youre heading up towards Redding and beyond.

jordanair45

Established Member
Bay Area checking in.

SFO is the best. It's going to have cheapest flight options, biggest selection of rental cars, best prices. Right by all major freeways, so easy to get to where you need to be, as well as public transportation in case you need it.

San Jose is easiest, but most expensive.

All of the airports are pretty good, just get whichever is cheapest.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread