Transmission shop in North Atlanta

03cobra#116

Established Member
Can anyone recommmend a good transmission shop in North Atlanta?

She is stiff going into the gears.

The dealer that has done all my work said the pedal pressure was too high and thinks it's a bad clutch.

That doesn't sound right at all, since these cars come with abnormally stiff clutches and it's always been that way.

It is better now with the Center Force dual friction (which I had put in after my son-in-law burned it out), but it's still stiff.

Who knows what they are doing with Cobra transmissions in Atlanta?

Thanks

futureSVT

Established Member
I dont know or have been to any shops personally. But i pulled my trans out and installed my spec clutch flywheel and etc...

Id be more then happy to take a peek/help you trouble shoot your trans issue.

03cobra#116

Established Member
That's a very kind offer, futureSVT.

I am going to be out of town for a few days and will get in touch with you when I get back. Thanks much.

03cobra#116

Established Member
cobracide, please excuse my ignorance.
Is the firewall adjuster found on a stock Cobra, or is that something added aftermarket?

cobracide

Established Member
The Fiore micro-click fw adjuster is much better than the steeda. Larger adjustment range and easier to change, no tools needed and self locking. As far as which quardrant, depends on your clutch. Talk to your clutch manufacturer as the ramp rate can affect how well your clutch works.

03cobra#116

Established Member
Thanks to everyone, especially futureSVT.

It appears the clutch was not fully disengaging, and I took it to dugan racing for fixing.

Users who are viewing this thread