Transmission Question

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
So, I'm back in the game after a 5 year hiatus.

I bought a low mileage 2008 Gt with the 5-speed TR3650 and a Kenne Bell SC. It has a Spec Performance Clutch and a Hurst Shifter.

Here is my concern.

The tranny takes alot of force to change gears. I had chalked that up to the Hurst, but then a bigger symptom became apparent:

If come to a stop and let my foot of the clutch and sit in neutral, once I depress the clutch again, it doesn't want to go into any gear. It doesn't grind, but just locks me out. I have to play with it a bunch. Once it is in a gear, I can row through all the gears no problem while sitting still.

If I go through the gears as I'm rolling to a stop, it doesn't lock me out. Only if I come to a stop with the car in neutral, and then I try to get the car into gear again.

Thoughts?

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
As an update, on a recommendation, I noted whether the car will roll while trying to get into gear.

If I depress the clutch pedal and try to push into 1st, getting the "lock out" feel, it will make the car roll forward a slight bit. So, the clutch must not be disengaging all the way.

Likely the slave cylinder?

Users who are viewing this thread