Transmission mount options

wckdvnm

Established Member
Hey guys, has anyone found a solution to replace a worn out factory mount that isn’t a solid mount like stifflers? It seems no one makes a mount and have only heard from one case of modifying the mounts used for the GT’s 3650 mount.
Still unsure how that would work as I don’t have the parts in front of me PLUS the mount that was used in the other case was an older prothane design of which has now changed.

wckdvnm

Established Member
Stifflers uses urethane. It’s a nice piece. Either that or I think you are looking for a used OEM.

It’s still a more solid type mount than factory correct? (Stifflers)
I may try to see if it is still possible to modify the prothane mount since searching for a used mount may only be a temporary solution as all the rubber is beginning to age.

03' White Snake

Established Member
It’s still a more solid type mount than factory correct? (Stifflers)
I may try to see if it is still possible to modify the prothane mount since searching for a used mount may only be a temporary solution as all the rubber is beginning to age.
Yes, has 2 Pieces of 1/2” thick urethane, top and bottom of 1/4” steel plate. OEM has about 1.25-1.5” over molded rubber.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I have the stifflers. No noticeable difference in NVH. I honestly forgot I even installed it until this winter and was reminded after doing all the work I’m doing this winter. It’s really not that bad at all. Easy to install.

olympic

Established Member
I've read that you can buy a GT mount, drill out the rivets and then swap the top half of the mount (with the rubber) over on to your Cobra crossmember.

m-6068-125b_20220603130617.jpg

wckdvnm

Established Member
I've read that you can buy a GT mount, drill out the rivets and then swap the top half of the mount (with the rubber) over on to your Cobra crossmember.

View attachment 1778959

A member here had the Gt mount from prothane on their car and it was as simple as taking the end cap mount bolts off and flipping them. I’m planning the early stages of getting the car back on the road and the clutch and a retroactive state ref made me take it off the road.
Now I am put of commiefornia and have no smog so I am building a parts list and trying to knock some issues I felt it had off the list and the trans mount has been something I have been thinking about for years.

Users who are viewing this thread