Transmission growl when downshifting after clutch install.

0-60B4U

Established Member
I recently had my clutch replaced and afterwards I hear a lot of gear noise and when I try to downshift the transmission growls. Sometimes it won't go into gear and will grind if you try to downshift. What could be the problem? I had a local ford tech do this install on the side and now I'm wishing he wouldn't have touched the car. I had absolutely no issue with the car prior. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Chrisstash

Established Member
I recently had my clutch replaced and afterwards I hear a lot of gear noise and when I try to downshift the transmission growls. Sometimes it won't go into gear and will grind if you try to downshift. What could be the problem? I had a local ford tech do this install on the side and now I'm wishing he wouldn't have touched the car. I had absolutely no issue with the car prior. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

my guess is clutch not adjusted properly. the noise is probably there all the time you cant hear it under acceleration. I would say its the tob making noise

Users who are viewing this thread