Transfer tune xcal 2 to x4?

slow98cobra

Established Member
Is there anyway to transfer my custom tune from a SCT Xcal 2 to an x4? Original tuner is no longer around to email me the file but I would like to get the newer handheld and move everything over to it.

decipha

Established Member
2 options

1) You ship me both xcals and the ecu and I can convert it over. I can write your current tune as your stock tune too it youd like which will free up both xcals. $400

2) Buy a $250 moates quarterhorse and you can pull the tune youself and avoid the shipping if its a daily.

slow98cobra

Established Member
Thanks for the quick reply! I’ll definitely keep that in mind if I buy a new handheld. Was hoping it was a little easier but I’m glad to know there are options.

decipha

Established Member
No unfortunately theres nothing easy about it as it is a ton of work going change by change to recreate the tune file in order to be able to write it to another device

slow98cobra

Established Member
I wish the PO had the tune file on a PC instead of just the tuner. Car runs strong for a ported, pullied car with a 2.93 and makes 500.3 hp and 480 tq but I’m ready for a little more. I’m going to put the 2.76 on it and datalog but I think I’m going to be maxing out my MAF. I have a MAFia on hand but not installed and the pumps are already upgraded to SVT focus pumps. Just kind of reaching the max on a lot of areas before diving in with injectors, adding the MAFia, and such but that crosses an expensive threshold for a few more hp and 20-30 ft lb of torque because it will require a full retune without a base tune to start. Thinking maybe I just need to bite the bullet and go VMP or Whipple and just redo the whole system soon.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
A new x4 will store the current tune as the "stock" file, so you could always go back to it if you leave it on. Either way, don't let it stop you from getting a new tune!

decipha

Established Member
You should have just said that from the get go.

All you need is a moates quarterhorse $250. It reads your current tune you have written to the ecu and gives you full tuning abilities. You can simply adjust the maf if you put the mafia on. The custom tuning software is free on my site. Its significantly far superior to sct.

Users who are viewing this thread