Tranny recall?

tms217

Established Member
I had just talked to a friend about the problems with his tranny in his 01 Cobra. He said that he had talked to someone about Ford possibly recalling the TR3560 tranny and placing the 6-speed in instead. Is there any truth to this rumor?

Terry

sssSnake 01

Established Member
I hope this is true because I am losing confidence daily with the 3560. This gearbox seems too weak for the Horsepower it is mated to. I strongly fear that we have gotten lemon trannies.

I for one definitely do not like the tranny in my 01. If Ford steps up to the plate and recalls the 3560 they will do a lot to regain my confidence.

Bottom line you got to be able to drive the car and get the power you paid for to the ground.

Last edited:

fangstang

Established Member
My thoughts exact. I just got my car back 2 weeks ago after having the tranny, clutch, and pressure plate changed. They put a T-45 in it now and its working well. I hope they will put a 6-spd, but thats highly unlikely, it would cost Ford too much.

tms217

Established Member
I was told the the 6-speed is about the same price as the 5-speed. I can go get one now for under $3000. Hell the dealer could get them damn cheap.

Terry

52merc

Established Member
The T-56 6-speed transmission is harder to swap than you might think. The bell housing, rear transmission mount and drive shaft have to be changed out for starters. Then you probably would want to change your differential ratio as the T-56 has two overdrive gears (both 5th and 6th are O/D). I suspect Ford would only want to replace the TR-3650 with another 3650.

By the way, I've got the 1-2 shifting problem as well.

fangstang

Established Member
If Ford is eventually going to replace all T-3650's, do you think I should have my dealership change the T-45 they just recently installed?

Snake Eyez

Established Member
Originally posted by fangstang
If Ford is eventually going to replace all T-3650's, do you think I should have my dealership change the T-45 they just recently installed?

I'd hold off on doing that until there is some kind of official word from Ford on how they will handle it. Also, if you aren't having any problems with the T-45, why would you want to swap it out? I understand that a T-56 is an awesome transmission, I had one in both of my Camaro SS's, but I've found that the less work the dealer does on your car, the better off you are in the long run. Just my $0.02.

Users who are viewing this thread