Trailer Hitch for 03 Cobra's??

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
This may seem dumb but has anyone installed a trailer hitch onto their 03 Cobra??

I bought a set of AFS 17 X 10.5 wheels with Kumho Victoracer tires for track use. I want to either use a hitch mounted cargo rack, or make up a small, lightweight trailer for hauling the track tires and a tool box.

The Kumhos worked great on the track! They have about 1 inch wider tread width and a much softer rubber compound. Very sticky and really add to the cornering and braking power. However, with the rear seat out and hauling 4 big 275 40 17's on 10.5 inch rims, tools, spare parts, small cooler and bag for a weekend, every cubic inch of space inside the car and trunk is used. Talk about some creative packing!! I almost looked like Chevy Chase in "Vacation"!!!

My longer term solution will be buying a car trailer and hauling with my Expedition, however in the meantime the small tire trailer route would work and allow some space for my wife to come along also.

Gord

ArkangelX3

Established Member
Buy your trailer, throw the stuff in the back of the expedition, and let the wifey join you up front in the passenger seat. Therefore the Cobra doesnt have to suffer the indignity of being tagged with a trailer hitch!!

hj16

Established Member
My longer term solution will be buying a car trailer and hauling with my Expedition, however in the meantime the small tire trailer route would work and allow some space for my wife to come along also.
Until you buy the big trailer why dont you just have the old lady tag along with the Expy? No degrading trailer hitch for the Mustang, and everybody gets to come along.

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Gord...don't give up! I have seen a Mustang comming back from the track (going the otherway on the Interstste) with a mini trailer and a compressed air tank. I posted this same question last week. My Expi does not have the hitch option.

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
03Sssnake, you're probably right however I don't want to be driving a few hundred miles each way on the track tires and wearing them out on the street. Have to save them for those "smiley" miles on the track!!

Between track days the hitch will NOT be there!

Gord

505BB

Smoke em if ya got em
Established Member
Trailer hitch on a Cobra... :( Ive seen it on a Z06 and it was horrible, please dont do it to the snake

Users who are viewing this thread