trading 2008 Z06 for 2013 Boss

Boss3o2

Established Member
I need to get a run in with a boss.... this thread is making my head hurt.
thumbnail.aspx

Why? Your typical method of 3 quick honks, and jumping the gun isn't a real race.

P.S - I have no respect for idiots like yourself, who put other people family's at risk with your street light "cool guy" wannabe racer act.

Last edited:

97_TXCobra

Established Member
Amazing looking BOSS! that green is sexy for sure! im going to have to paint my SN95 Cobra soon and that gotta have it green is on the top of my color list. Congrats on your new boss good sir!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Why? Your typical method of 3 quick honks, and jumping the gun isn't a real race.

P.S - I have no respect for idiots like yourself, who put other people family's at risk with your street light "cool guy" wannabe racer act.

thumbnail.aspx

Who the hell are you crazy?

I would watch myself if I was you with your buthurt insults...

Get back to the hole from where you crawled from :kaboom:

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Damn, sure a lot of haters for a guy who wants to trade a Z for the Boss. Totally different cars with totally different attitudes. Going from Top-dog to Underdog is always better in my humble opinion.

Anyone with a Z and a Boss want to chime in?

Last edited:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Damn, sure a lot of haters for a guy who wants to trade a Z for the Boss. Totally different cars with totally different attitudes. Going from Top-dog to Underdog is always better in my humble opinion.

Anyone with a Z and a Boss want to chime in?

uh, did you read the thread? I've had 2 C6Z's and a Boss, went into deep detail between the 2 cars.

Boss3o2

Established Member
thumbnail.aspx

Who the hell are you crazy?

I would watch myself if I was you with your buthurt insults...

Get back to the hole from where you crawled from :kaboom:

No, not crazy. Just a person who lost a best friend, a long with his 2 children (3, and 9 yrs. old) after being hit by someone who was street racing at 120+ MPH and lost control. Maybe you should take my advice, and thank me later. It's always those who think they are invulnerable, that learn the hard way....

Be a man, and respect this community by doing what most of us do. Which is - take our enjoyment/hobby to the track.

To the OP of this thread. Sorry to get off-topic. To get back on topic:

I can assure you, that the new Boss 302 will put a smile on your face - everytime you set foot in it.

Last edited:

svteezy

Established Member
I have a 2012 Boss 302 and i love it, to me its the best all around street car made. I drag race so it has been great. My car went 11.70 at 122mph with a JMS tune steeda cold air and drag radials (stock exhuast). I have since put a Vortech V-3 supercharger on the car, had Monty at JMS tune it. Car made 656 rwhp and 476rwtq. I went to Crappy old Gulfport Dragway and ran 10.68 at 134mph with a 163 60ft. I drove it there and back home. I would say Ford has there shit together on this car. I have 2 freinds with 09 c6zo6 and they are fine ass car and run like a rape ape, they both love there cars but freak out when we hook up on the street and track. They paid alot more then i did even adding my supercharger in the factor.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
svteezy, congrats on those times :beer:. what rear gear, clutch, and tire setup are you running? thanks!

ihatepotholes

Established Member
I have a 2012 Boss 302 and i love it, to me its the best all around street car made. I drag race so it has been great. My car went 11.70 at 122mph with a JMS tune steeda cold air and drag radials (stock exhuast). I have since put a Vortech V-3 supercharger on the car, had Monty at JMS tune it. Car made 656 rwhp and 476rwtq. I went to Crappy old Gulfport Dragway and ran 10.68 at 134mph with a 163 60ft. I drove it there and back home. I would say Ford has there shit together on this car. I have 2 freinds with 09 c6zo6 and they are fine ass car and run like a rape ape, they both love there cars but freak out when we hook up on the street and track. They paid alot more then i did even adding my supercharger in the factor.

svteezy, congrats on those times :beer:. what rear gear, clutch, and tire setup are you running? thanks!

question to both of you guys. have you guys bounced off the rev limiter on the Boss?

svteezy

Established Member
Stock clutch, stock 3.73 gears and 12.50x28x15 ET street tires (not radials). I did buy a twin disc ram clutch for later, but stock clutch is doing good right now. I like the 3.73s i don't plan to change them. We planning a trip to Hattisburg soon, that track hooks way better we should get high 40s or low 50s there. Thanks Burin4

To answer Ihatepotholes yes I have hit the rev limiter in both stock form and with the blower which is 8400rpm now. Monty ran it to 8000 on the dyno, but I shift at 7600.

ihatepotholes

Established Member
Stock clutch, stock 3.73 gears and 12.50x28x15 ET street tires (not radials). I did buy a twin disc ram clutch for later, but stock clutch is doing good right now. I like the 3.73s i don't plan to change them. We planning a trip to Hattisburg soon, that track hooks way better we should get high 40s or low 50s there. Thanks Burin4

To answer Ihatepotholes yes I have hit the rev limiter in both stock form and with the blower which is 8400rpm now. Monty ran it to 8000 on the dyno, but I shift at 7600.

this is on stock motor? :eek:

svteezy

Established Member
I will try to get a video loaded. We were at the local 1/8 mile track where it ran 6.55 at 103mph with 1.60 60ft. This track is only 600 feet so its 60ft short of true 1/8 mile. It skated all way down the track. I got some new lower control arms (double adjustable) to put on so I can really set the pinion angle to get bite. Looking to get some 1.50 60ft times. I will also get some pictures loaded later to tonight. BOSS 302 ALL THE WAY!!

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
question to both of you guys. have you guys bounced off the rev limiter on the Boss?

Yes, both at the drag strip and on the dyno. I have my rev limit set at 7650, and it makes power on the dyno all the way to 7650. I datalog everything on the dyno and at the strip, then have Monty make any necessary changes. He is great with looking at my files, making changes, and immediately returning a new file. So far there havent been any concerns with spinning this motor to 8k.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I am selling my '06 Z06 for either a '13 Boss or '13 GT500..... I am leaning toward the Boss... I have had my Z06 since new and it will be missed. But I need a back seat now and have owned 4 Mustangs over the years. So I will be back in the saddle again!

Users who are viewing this thread