Traded In My 2014 For A 2020

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
I luv the style and looks of the 350 R. The new gt500 is heavy.

I mean in fairness, the GT350 isn't exactly light. The 350 is over 3700lbs IIRC. The 500 is 3-400lbs more than that. But also substantially more power. Both are heavy lol.

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
I mean in fairness, the GT350 isn't exactly light. The 350 is over 3700lbs IIRC. The 500 is 3-400lbs more than that. But also substantially more power. Both are heavy lol.
Yea,I think the 350 is lighter than the 13-14 GT500. I would like to see the difference with a 350 whipple vs a new GT500 on a track.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
I luv the style and looks of the 350 R. The new gt500 is heavy.

16.5" steel brakes up front/ 14+" out back, all that additional wiring, a blower and associated systems, and frontal offset crash standards tends to do that to a car...

On Saturday, I traded in my 2014 Shelby for a 2020 Shelby after months of debate.

I got a decent offer on the car and had the pull the trigger. I'm sure one day I'll wake up and miss it, but I'm loving the new technology and honestly loving the auto (wife too cause now she can drive it haha).

Anywho, thought I'd post some pics. Has all options except CFTP obvi. The cars are completely different animals. Of course I would have loved to have both, but the new wife was not on board with that one haha.

Here they are next to each other. Salesman suggested it and I'm glad he did, cool to have a picture of them side by side.

Congrats! I'm either getting a '22 or the new Raptor/Warthog Bronco.

Congrats! Sweet ride and glad you got the Recaros.
For those commenting on the ‘13-14, that car was 80% done from Ford versus 95% on the ‘20+
If you’re ‘13-14 didn’t have gears, R-compound tires and the basic mods, you really have no idea what you’re missing.
On the ‘20+, the DCT pulls it into another category of performance and Ford left an easy 200hp on the table if you’re willing.
Enjoy that beast!
-J

Spot on! Couldn't agree more. 3.73s or 4.10s transformed the 13-14 cars. Guys keep commenting here about the styling of the old ones being better and I couldn't disagree more, they look slab-sided in comparison. The front end has better lines and doesn't have the underbite the 13-14 cars have. I get the philosophical misgivings about not having a stick but we drove them in the past because autos were terrible and much slower on the street, in addition to being less rewarding. A DCT will never match the feeling of a perfectly hell-toe rev-matched downshift in a manual but it's way faster and easier on track and shifting at 150+ on sectioned concrete in Mexico.

Was it ever disclosed if the 20+ cars had drop-forged rods vs an improved sinter-forged design?

I'm 12-15 months from making a move back into an enjoyable car and it's either this or the aforementioned Ford Racing edition Bronco. The Bronco would be pretty kickass here in CO all year round but taking twisties in something that's low and fast with sick brakes is a tough thought to give up...

RockChalk

Established Member
Better lines? That is subjective. The 2020 looks great. But it isn’t for me. Too much like a 370Z or something like it.

Users who are viewing this thread