Trade very nice old muscle car for Cobra

63XL514

Established Member
I figured I might as well try again since Cobra prices are still going down.

Here are details on what I have to trade:
1963 1/2 Ford Galaxie 500XL fastback with 63,160 original miles (documented).
Car originally had a 352FE big block.
Now has a 514 cubic inch, 600 horsepower big block Ford Motorsport Crate engine.
Barry Grant 850 Speed Demon carb (changed to standard 4150 flange because a dominator is not very street friendly).
THIS IS A STREET CAR THAT RUNS GREAT ON 93 OCTANE PUMP GAS...HAVE ALMOST 1,000 MILES ON THIS DRIVETRAIN AND IT EVEN GETS 6 MPG!! DRIVE ANYWHERE.
Aeromotive fuel pump.
3" h-pipe into 4" ceramic coated Flowmasters so it basically sounds like a Pro Stock car at idle.
MSD Digital 6 Plus ignition.
C6 with reverse manual valve body, Art Carr 3800 stall converter, trans brake and hardened 300M input shaft.
Griffin aluminum radiator with Lincoln Mark VIII fan (I have had it in 93 degree weather in traffic and it rides at 185 degrees all day long).
9" with stock 3.00 gears and posi trac (posi works and have marks in my driveway to prove it). Great for highway cruising but really needs a 4.11 for track use.
I built a 4" cowl induction hood with a parts car hood that still needs a little work but looks cool. Original showroom condition hood included.
New ($1000 worth) Wheel Vintique Cragar style wheels with new 215/70/15 front and 255/60/15 rear BFG Radial T/As. Original wheels/spoke hubcaps included along with original fender skirts.
The car is the factory color, Black Cherry and has the original interior that is in nice shape but does need a headliner ($300 installed probably less).
It was painted once in its life on outside surfaces only, inside door jambs, trunk, underhood, etc. is factory original. Underneath the car could look showroom new with a couple days of detailing, I just haven't had time.
Car rides like a Cadillac and flat out gets after it for weighing over 4,000 lbs.

Pics and a short video are on photobucket at:
Pictures by 63xl514 - Photobucket

I have taken it to a couple local shows now and it gets lots of interest because it is in such good shape. I am about to put the stock hood back on by using a low profile air cleaner so it will really be a sleeper...and will help at shows.

I will trade for the right modded Cobra, pulley, tune, etc. that is worth less if its the right car. High miles OK.

Thanks SVT...this site can't be beat.

Last edited:

63XL514

Established Member
I was going to take it to the Christian Classic Cruisers show tonight but we have rain around here all day. Maybe next month with the stock hood on.

Users who are viewing this thread